PDA

View Full Version : 22&1/2 degree cut on table saw?????

Dennis Collins
06-21-2006, 8:55 PM
I am making a flag box and realized that I cannot make the 22 & 1/2 degree cut on my table saw. At least not easily. The angle represents 1/2 of the 45 degree angle on each bottom end of the box.

How do you make this angle cut? I really don't like the idea of using my rip fence to support the piece vertical. I don't trust the fence for accuracy or myself to hold the board straight.

HELP:confused:

Jake Helmboldt
06-21-2006, 9:04 PM
if you have one or make a basic one to keep the board steady (moving along the fence)and set the blade to the desired angle.

Jeff Horton
06-21-2006, 9:06 PM
Make a tall accessory fence t mount on your rip fence. It's easier to keep it up against a tall fence.

Jack Norfleet
06-21-2006, 10:03 PM
When I made a flag case for a friend, I used all 45 degree cuts.

Ted Jay
06-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Make a tall accessory fence t mount on your rip fence. It's easier to keep it up against a tall fence.

Why not make a raised jig (1/2" above the table), tilted at a 22.5, that slides in one of the miter slots. If you make the angle true then you won't have to angle the blade, it should already be true. You could also make it adjustable.

It should be fine for making small boxes as long as your not manhandling large sheets.

Ted

Dennis Collins
06-22-2006, 8:54 AM
This forum is the best thing since....well I cannot think of anything better than the experience that you get from this forum.

After a mental block and the suggestion to use a tenoning jig, I dug around and found one that I have not used for years.

It worked perfectly. I also like the idea of using 45 degree angles all the way around. I had it in my mind that I had to split the angle everytime.

Thanks to everyone.