PDA

View Full Version : I got him trained...

Don Baer
06-21-2006, 8:51 PM
I drove to my sons house today and he said hey Dad I got a present for ya in the back of my truck. I went out to look and low and behold a nice little piece of Mesquite. It's 44" long and 6 " diameter. I'll cut this one up and get it sealed. I also picked up a little chain saw while I was out today. I know it's only an electric but for preping turning stock it should be all I need. 16" bar and 3 HP peak.

I drove past a place today where they were cutting down a Big Mesquite tree today. I gonna check on it in the morning and see if I can score some more...;)

Christopher K. Hartley
06-21-2006, 9:39 PM
Don, I'd say you've got that boy trained real good. Have fun with that wood and show us some stuff from it. Oh ya, nothing wrong with that chain saw either.:)

Jim Becker
06-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Nice, Don! And I have an 18" electric chain saw I keep around the shop for similar work...and you can use it indoors in the winter, too!

Bernie Weishapl
06-21-2006, 10:22 PM
What a deal Don. Trained real well I would say.

Roberts Joseph
06-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I have a little electric saw, just so long as you keep it sharp it should work good, just cut slow, and donlt bury the tip of the bar in the wood or it might kick back on ya, nice wood, good luck with getting more.

Roberts Joseph
06-21-2006, 10:28 PM
I have a little electric saw, just so long as you keep it sharp it should work good, just cut slow, and donlt bury the tip of the bar in the wood or it might kick back on ya, nice wood, good luck with getting more.

Dennis Peacock
06-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Nice haul Don....on the chainsaw and the wood!!! Whatcha gonna make out of it.?? :rolleyes: :D

Mike Ramsey
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Nice pair of gloats Don! Nothing like a trained.....loving...son!

Tom Sherman
06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Kids are great aren't they Don? My son called me this afternoon to tell me he has some wood for me too. Said he has a nice piece of walnut some locust and some cedar driftwood. Going to bring it over tomorrow. If I can get my hands on a camera I'll post some pics.

Don Baer
06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
Kids are great. My hast gone out of his way to let me know that he is trying to emulate the way I raised him with his own kids...:D

Now grandkids there something special...:D :D If you want to see one of mine look at my avatar...:D :D :D

Ernie Nyvall
06-24-2006, 4:01 PM
Yea well, I had my son trained too... and then he went and got himself a lathe. That's the end of that.:D

Ernie