PDA

View Full Version : New shop buddy

Bobby McCarley
06-21-2006, 5:15 PM
The daughter said I had too much stress in my life so she felt that I needed a stress reliever. This is not what I had in mind. As you can see, it does not help in the shop by handing you tools or pieces of wood or offer words of encouragement. And it still is not use to some of the tools that make a lot of noise. It also needs to be taught tool safety. I was running the bandsaw when it jumped in my lap and was watching me cut out some parts for the plane I just made. All of a sudden it tries to take a swipe at the blade. Luckly it was too far away to reach the blade. After that, he's not allowed near any running tools. You just can't find good help now days.

Bobby
Louisiana

Bob Childress
06-21-2006, 5:33 PM
He is a wonderful Shop Buddy! Think of him/her more as a supervisor than a helper (that's how HE thinks, after all). :D

Imagine all the sawdust he can clean up just by rubbing up against tools. Then lick it off and puke it back up in a neat pile on your shop floor. What could be more helpful than that?:)

You lucky devil! He/she is cute as a button.

Jim O'Dell
06-21-2006, 5:36 PM
I can see the problem now...you worked the poor kit to death. Can't hold it's eyes open anymore. Hopefully someone that enforces the child labor laws won't see this. :D Have fun with your new shop buddy! Jim.

Mark Pruitt
06-21-2006, 5:37 PM
Cute lil' buddy you have there! I'm a dog guy myself (as if my avatar doesn't say that already) but they're all good for stress relief.:) You pet 'em, they love it and your stress just disappears. Everybody's a winner.:D

Jim Becker
06-21-2006, 5:38 PM
Now, that is cuteness!

John Kain
06-21-2006, 5:52 PM
Nice!

I have a Vizsla and Weimaraner who dig the smaller hand-held stuff. But when I hit the Table saw or Miter Saw or even Circ Saw, they are gone....:)

Shotguns don't faze them........but they sure hate that table saw!!!!

Richard Wolf
06-21-2006, 5:58 PM
Looks like a good friend!

Richard

Brad Townsend
06-21-2006, 6:00 PM
This will force you to keep making sawdust to keep the litter box filled.:D

Lee DeRaud
06-21-2006, 6:13 PM
Very handy when it comes time to buff out the wax on the tablesaw top.:D :D :D

Greg Sznajdruk
06-21-2006, 6:37 PM
Shop Security http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Hrihori/4ea96ea4.jpghttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Hrihori/4ea96ea4.jpgrity

Greg

Sam Chambers
06-21-2006, 6:41 PM
Nobody's going to mess with your shop, Greg! (Not even Bobby's new shop kitty!)

Ted Jay
06-21-2006, 7:58 PM
...and they taste like chicken...... :D
did i say that..............?

Doug Shepard
06-21-2006, 9:38 PM
Very Cool. My dog remains a respectable distance (around 6 ft) from any running power tools. But one of my cats is like your's. He has no problem jumping up on my lap while I'm sitting at a running drill press. They can be a PITA at times, but the good far outweighs the bad. Enjoy your new buddy.

Jack Norfleet
06-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Just remember:

Dogs have masters.
Cats have staff.

Alan Schaffter
06-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Becareful, keep the cat box fresh. Our old cat would go on any pile of sawdust in my shop in a heart beat and cat urine smells - BAAADDDD!!!!

Andy Howard
06-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Get a LitterMaid for your next tool gloat.

The littermaid is the best power tool your cat will ever use! And it will be his first gloat!

Andy