PDA

View Full Version : The End of The World as we know it...

Doug Evans
09-13-2003, 11:52 PM
After extensive efforts and patent research since Friday last week, we are now ready to launch a "back-breaker" smoother for the fall. Mindful of the staggering display of engineering talent we have been witnessing lately, we wanted to see how fast we could come out of the blocks with something worthwhile.

We made great sacrifices... swore off beer for the better part of six days! Ben woke up before 9:00 a.m. every day and I stoked him up with Tim Hortons coffee.

So... what could be so worthwhile? Hmmm... Let's just say we did some soul searching and decided to give a lot of customers what they have been asking for, for well over a year now. For Ben, this was gut-wrenching... but eventually, he learned to cope with it and soon he began to like it... a great deal.

Then we said "Let's do this at a price that will blow everyone away - like half what anyone else would charge." And while we're at it, "Let's re-scale the rest of the smoothers - downward." Noone's used to that - they're used to low launch prices ensued by escalation. Yeah... that's the ticket.

So... here's a teaser piccy for the night (masterfully disguised behind success fluid) and we'll follow up with the launch tomorrow.

Cheers,

Doug

Martin Shupe
09-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Wow, another smoother to consider, and what timing!

Where can I find out more information?

Send me a website via private message.

Thanks,

Glenn Clabo
09-14-2003, 6:22 AM
Martin,
Click on the "www" button under their post.

Doug,
My wife, a Canadian married to this 'Merican, walked by the moniter this morning and almost cried. She sure does miss her Tim's.

Ben Knebel
09-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Here's a couple of shots of what we're talking about
Regards
Ben

Ben Knebel
09-14-2003, 12:32 PM
It is a 47.5 pitch--Norris's standard and the handle is opened up to accomodate today's larger hands---it is a comfortable 4 finger grip for Doug and even my very large mitts will go in with 4 fingers.
That was little tricky to do and still manage to keep the asthetics where we wanted them.
Regards
Ben

Ben Knebel
09-14-2003, 8:45 PM
A shot of the shavings this baby makes.
Regards
Ben

Ben Knebel
09-14-2003, 8:46 PM
Let's try this again.
Regards
Ben
For more info go to www.shepherdtool.com and the click on the link called Ask and You Shall receive

Ed Falis
09-15-2003, 12:16 PM
You guys are very bad men.

- Future Customer

Doug Evans
09-15-2003, 12:35 PM
I just hammered up the thumb plane this morning. The steel for the Dragon Panel will be done on Wednesday morning. We will likely complete the 20 1/2" Jointer wood routines on Wednesday.

I am hoping to have a working version of the dovetail saw by the end of the weekend.

Oh yeah... we be some bad dudes!

Doug

Doug Evans
09-15-2003, 12:38 PM
the lineups are so long that it backs up traffic in the mornings. She would be late for work and... wait a minute - there has to be a down side to all of this! I'll get back to you.

Regards,

Doug

Eric Sanford
09-16-2003, 4:03 PM
You shouldn't do that!!!......its so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes......and grown men blubbering and crying in the office is not a good thing!

Tim's without donuts? for shame ;)

Eric

Doug Evans
09-17-2003, 12:43 AM
at the arena all decked out in my touque and my requisite XL/double cream with a blueberry fritter. The little guy out there on the ice showin off his stuff - all that health food in one mans paradise.

Cheers,

Doug

Doug Evans
09-17-2003, 12:47 AM
We'll have it at the Woodcraft store. Drop in... I'll try to bring some Tim's Coffee for the machine!

Regards,

Doug