PDA

View Full Version : Dust collection and

Brian Knop
09-13-2003, 10:18 PM
I bought a 1 micron felt bag for my 1100 jet dust collector. But when I turned it on the bag is limp. Seems like the bag on the bottom is pulling more air then the felt bag. Do I need to install a plastic bag on the bottom to make it work correct?

Thanks Brian

Jim Becker
09-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I bought a 1 micron felt bag for my 1100 jet dust collector. But when I turned it on the bag is limp. Seems like the bag on the bottom is pulling more air then the felt bag. Do I need to install a plastic bag on the bottom to make it work correct?

Thanks Brian

A bag that passes more air will always be limp! When they inflate, it means you have backpressure--"bad" bags do that. The good news is that you may be able to replace the lower bag with a plastic bag or bin and not hurt performance as long as that new upper bag is large enough relative to filter area.

Brian Knop
09-14-2003, 1:17 AM
A bag that passes more air will always be limp! When they inflate, it means you have backpressure--"bad" bags do that. The good news is that you may be able to replace the lower bag with a plastic bag or bin and not hurt performance as long as that new upper bag is large enough relative to filter area.

That makes sense.
Thanks Brian