PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed: 8K +

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
OK, so I was one of the "ones" who said, "It doesn't really matter what the post count is." a few years back. But, considering Vaughn's concern with "having a big mouth", I'm not even sure I want to know how that classifies yours truly!!! I just noticed I hit 8K yesterday sometime!!! :eek: Guess that brings a whole new meaning to "big mouth", now doesn't it??? :D

I still think that, the amount of posts one has, is not the "goal" of being a part of this great community. The great part of my post count is, most of those posts have been in response to threads with folks giving us great tips, hints, processes and showing us their wonderful work. For that, I thank all of you!!! It's been a great 8K and I'm hoping my "extended warranty" lasts for a couple more! Thanks to Keith, Aaron and all of my fellow SMC'ers for allowing me to be a part of this family! :D :) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
OK! Spring

So motor mouth it is. ;) :D Keep it up and you'll catch Mr. Becker. ;) :eek: :D

I must say that your posts are, for the most part;), insightful, witty, funny and timely. Every now and again there is that clunker, but those are good too.

Karl

Andy Hoyt
06-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Yup. And it's his clunkers that I live for:eek:

Chris Padilla
06-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Unbelievable!! ;)

David Wilson
06-20-2006, 12:05 PM
John
What is your post/beer ratio?

Steve Clardy
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
John
What is your post/beer ratio?

:D :D :D:D :D

Lee DeRaud
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
John
What is your post/beer ratio?He gets nervous when it goes below 1:1.:eek: :cool:

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Chris, et all, here's what's "unbelievable": My beer:post ratio is probably closer to 1:50!!! :eek: Used to be, my project "build" time was measured in "how many beers will this take?" :o Nowadays, a twelver will typically last me two-plus weeks!!! :D (Nobody ever said growing old would be easy!!!:rolleyes: ):) :cool:

Andy Hoyt
06-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Two beers and time for a nap.

I can so relate to that, darn it all.:D

Chris Padilla
06-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Chris, et all, here's what's "unbelievable": My beer:post ratio is probably closer to 1:50!!! :eek: Used to be, my project "build" time was measured in "how many beers will this take?" :o Nowadays, a twelver will typically last me two-plus weeks!!! :D (Nobody ever said growing old would be easy!!!:rolleyes: ):) :cool:

Gotta be careful with the : p because if you put them together like this: :p

:D

Jim Becker
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Amateur...... :D (Congrats!)

Chris Padilla
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM

Well lookie who posted!! What a shocker!! :p

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 1:19 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark!!! :o Trust me, I have no delusions of ever catching up with you!!! :) That's OK, though...Still having a great time! :D :cool:

larry merlau
06-20-2006, 1:19 PM

that regement wont work this wknd ! will have to delet this wknds data to have a more accurate sampling:D

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 1:22 PM
Two beers and time for a nap.

I can so relate to that, darn it all.:D

All too true, my friend!!! :( I handed the torch down to the next generation 'bout 10 years ago! But, that's OK...It was 'bout out of fuel anyway! :D :cool:

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 1:25 PM
that regement wont work this wknd ! will have to delet this wknds data to have a more accurate sampling:D

Fear not, my fine Michigonian friend.... I think I still have some gusto left in reserve just for special occasions such as this!!! :D :D :D :cool:

Michael Stafford
06-20-2006, 1:29 PM
Used to be, my project "build" time was measured in "how many beers will this take?" :o Nowadays, a twelver will typically last me two-plus weeks!!! :D (Nobody ever said growing old would be easy!!!:rolleyes: ):) :cool:

I drink two beers in July while at the beach; that is the only time I drink. The rest of the six pack will be used for cooking shrimp. Therefore a twelve pack will last me two years.

I agree with the insightful, helpful, witty and timely comment about your posts. I doubt many have made 8000+ great posts. Congratulations!:D

Cecil Arnold
06-20-2006, 3:40 PM
Congrats John. Getting old is not for sissies--DAMHIKT.

Jerry Olexa
06-20-2006, 3:51 PM

BEST LINE OF THE BUNCH!! Good, Jim!! Congrats anyway John, even to a rank amateur.. :D :D

Jerry Olexa
06-20-2006, 4:00 PM
Seriously, Spring, I generally enjoy most of your posts (you do have an occassional dud):) . You know your stuff (usually):D and I love your humorous, light approach. You are usually self effacing, witty, intelligent (that may be a "stretch":cool: ) and don't take yourself too seriously. Other than that , you are often simply BORING...:D :D Only kidding, my friend. I have much respect for you and your posts. Happy 8000!!

Bart Leetch
06-20-2006, 4:13 PM
Spring Spring do I hear a Sprong 1:50 ratio Sprong. You can even read it upside down 0008 standing on you head & it will read the same. But 2 beers & it won't even matter.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Lee DeRaud
06-20-2006, 4:22 PM
You can even read it upside down 0008 standing on you head & it will read the same.He's at 8008 at the moment, which is even better for upside-down reading. But he'll probably come along in a minute and spoil it.:eek:

Dennis Peacock
06-20-2006, 4:27 PM
Congrats John..!!!!!! You're as much a contributor to SMC right along with every member that contributes. It takes everyone here to make SMC what it is today.

Frank Chaffee
06-20-2006, 8:51 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38385&page=2

Hey John Miliunas!

Congrats for post number 8000!

Many of us have benefited from your knowledge, your wisdom, and most importantly, from the spirit of sharing that you have.

Here’s hats off to you (oh right, you never had one on), and looking forward to your next 8000, my friend!

Frank
I really didn’t think Fitz would mind this hijack.
Frank

John Miliunas
06-20-2006, 9:04 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=38385&page=2

I really didn’t think Fitz would mind this hijack.
Frank

LOL!!! Gee, thanks Frank! I kinda' lost track of where #8K may have gone. Now I know, and furthermore, how appropriate that it was indeed on the Turner's Forum in response to one of our very own assimilated spinny guys! :D :cool:

Steve Ash
06-20-2006, 9:37 PM
Holy Wah! 8K, do you really have a real job? That's a lot of time on your butt with the fingers on the keyboards.

Seriously though John, I wasn't here for all of them but " honest to John " I have enjoyed every one of them I was here for.

I'm always sure when I read one of your posts that I am better for it...congrats, now go have a beer and stock the storm shelter!