PDA

View Full Version : Laser's Warranty

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-19-2006, 3:51 PM
Has anyone here ever had to replace a laser tube within the first 6 months of having a laser, if so did the company pay for shipping of the tube to you and the back to them?

Feeling a little flustered! :mad:

J&Z

Joe Pelonio
06-19-2006, 4:19 PM
Yes, and Yes. I had to pay the deposit for the alignment tool loan, and avoided the deposit on the old tube by shipping it and sending them the tracking number to verify. They overnighted the new one at their expense.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-19-2006, 4:35 PM
Absolutely on both, I have replaced 7 tubes on my lasers, 5 times under warranty every time under warranty it was free except as Joe stated I had to give a deposit (credit card info) encase I didn't return the old tube or send back the alignment tool. I miss the days of 3 year warranties!

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Thank guys, with this company I purchased from, you have to pay for the return of the laser tube, somewhere between 125 - 200 dollars. I am not happy, at all. After we installed the tube we never got a call from anyone asking if everything was working or if we got the tube installed o.k. . . . and that has been about 3 months ago. Last Thursday they called and said they were going to bill us $12,000, so we decided to ship it back. Don't get me wrong we didn't want the tube we wanted customer service, someone to ask if our laser was working properly, we didn't get it. After spending $28,000 you would think we would at least get a phone call. I can assure you all when we go to purchase our next laser, and we will, it will more than likely be either Universal or Epilog.

J&Z

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I have to ask WHO's laser was that???

Brent Vander Weil
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
All I can say is I bought my Epilog used... not from the Epilog rep that came to my house and did the demo... He has still been a supportive person and as my business grows he has already got me as a customer. If the rep in your area is anything like mine you will be in luck.

Mike Shauer
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I to would be interested in what laser you have. I will be replacing my 30 watt Versa this year and would like to know who not to deal with. I will probably go again with Universal as I have had no problems and when ever I talked with them they where great. Mike & Treavor at CEM Lasers have also been excellent.

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-20-2006, 12:37 PM
I would love to blast whose laser this is but I still have a year and a half of warranty left and I might need something from them, if you know what I mean. I told you in my previous message whose laser it is not, all I can say is when you buy, buy wisely. We thought we did a lot of research but obviously we didn't. I just wish we had known about Sawmill Creek before we purchased. You are a GREAT bunch of guys.

J&Z

Ed Lang
06-20-2006, 12:49 PM
I am sure happy with my Universal M-300 50W unit. The sales rep was great to deal with before the sale and has been great after the sale. The entire day he spent with us after getting the laser installed was a big help as well as the half day he spent with us before we bought.

Jerry Allen
06-20-2006, 9:00 PM
In reading the posts on this site you can see that others have freely (and maybe overly) complained about experiences with their vendors.
Not saying who it is just gives them the leeway to continue to be negligent. Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and spout off.
That is about your only recourse. And it might get the negligent party to change their tune when it potentially hits them in the wallet. A lot of people read this site before making a purchase.
In regards to your warranty, first of all it seems like they performed in a timely manner, but were not really very helpful. In addition to that, they should cover the shipping. You shouldn't worry about the rest of your warranty if it's a reputable company.
Maybe you just got lucky and got the real sales gem (sarcasm).
I bought my laser from Signwarehouse. The vector cutting table ($400+) was warped and they express shipped a new one in two days and paid for the shipping both ways. My sales person didn't do that. The customer service office did.
Maybe you talked to the wrong person. Find out who's in charge, don't deal the jerk who sold you your equipment.

James & Zelma Litzmann
06-21-2006, 10:33 AM
We have a year and a half left on our warranty, so we should be nice. Besides that, I pulled out our warranty last night and it clearly states that we have to, at our expense, return the part to one of their rep. So . . . . the lesson I suggest to all of you is get an actual copy of the warrant and read it, completely, before buying, not that you should base your purchase on just the warranty alone, but maybe it won't come as such a shock to you when and if you have to cross this bridge. We thought because we had a two year warranty that it should be covered, lesson learned. We love the laser when it is working correctly and in all honestly a lot of frustrations could be that learning curve.

J&Z
Psalms 18:2

Brent Vander Weil
06-21-2006, 2:04 PM
Weel it looks like I may be getting in the "Replace the laser tube" boat too... mine quit last night right after running 3 previous jobs... going to do more trouble shooting tonight when I get home, and the manufacturer is going to have a tube set up in the alert status, so if I do need one I hope it goes smooth :-)

Bob Tate
06-21-2006, 7:18 PM
I am still smiling after the last time I had to get warranty parts. Pec sent them out for next day delivery, I got them the next morning, with a tag that prepaid the return of the old parts. Can you tell I am a satisfied Epilog user?

Joe Pelonio
06-21-2006, 7:45 PM
I am still smiling after the last time I had to get warranty parts. Pec sent them out for next day delivery, I got them the next morning, with a tag that prepaid the return of the old parts. Can you tell I am a satisfied Epilog user?
Bob,

Couldn't you have just driven over there? Our Epilog rep went to the other side, he now sells another brand so we're stranded for now.

Brent,

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Maybe you could share what it's doing so people will get an idea of what to expect when their tube goes out. With mine everything ran as normal except the beam would go on and off intermittently, so my cuts were like random length dotted lines. It
still rastored OK though. Turned out to be the electronics in the tube
they said.

Hale Reider
06-22-2006, 3:32 AM
I too went throught some of this with my previous machine. I had to pay shipping charges for new laser tube, both in and out, when I had banding problems. The new tube assembly did not resolve issue and I was out about $150. That machine has left the building.

I bought a 60 watt Epilog 36 EXT. Had a slight problem with an occasional line in part. Peck sent me parts overnight with return paid label. One of the parts he sent me was bad (main board shorted out whenever I plugged in the USB cord), but I think the Y-axis motor they also sent solved the problem.

After about 5 weeks, I am happy with customer support from Epilog. Some things about the other machine I still miss. New epilog does not have a light in it and I kind of miss the Z Axis readout, but the machine is reapeatable and it makes good parts. Air assist on this machine works much better.

Hale Reider

To Be Cherished

Brent Vander Weil
06-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Well... In the words of the famous Paul Harvey... "The rest of the story..."

Ya know how they have those safety interlock devices... well... On the Epilog there are 2 magnets in the right corner of the Acrylic lid... turns out if one falls out and you don't notice it... the laser goes it just dosen't fire... I was able to locate the magnet inside the machine (with the help of the Epilog tech Props to Peck @ Epilog as he is the man in my world this week)... glue it back in place.. and viola lasering again... boy did I feel like a schmuck!!! But easy fix and I lasered again last night.. I swear this thing in like a drug for me!!! LOL

Mitchell Andrus
06-22-2006, 1:12 PM
Brent,

Good to hear it was just a Gremlin this time, and easy to fix.

Mitch

Brent Vander Weil
06-22-2006, 5:11 PM
Mitch... all the more reason to have that water seperator on the air assist...cause you know what happens if you get a Gremlin wet!!! LOL