PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Julio Navarro
06-19-2006, 11:15 AM
I think this is a good gloat and didnt cost me anything.

At the football field where my son practices I found the frame work for one of those cloth shelters you use at picnicks and such in a trash can. Some one had thrown it away because one of the posts had bent.

I looked at it for a whole hour trying to figure out how I could put it in my car without looking like a scavenger to the other dads and moms that where there. My dad used to do that, find stuff on the side of the road that he would use to make something else. Always embarassed me. Well, I am here to tell you that you REALLY do turn into your dad. So I cast pride to the wind and hauled the booty home.

Here is the result... I took it apart and was amazed at the hardware that came with it. The joints where all ball bearing joints: Little plastic ball bearing washers. Very cool. Any way I decided to use the peices to make a new stand for my cyclone. You wouldnt belive how sturdy it is. I cant budge the cyclone at all. It is solid, and looks a bit professional, if I do say so myself.

The motor is attached to the wall by a bracket while the metal truss stand holds the cyclone steady.

I will be finished with the cyclone this week! I finally go thte filter for Torrit and only have a few things left to do.