PDA

View Full Version : To-Do Lists; & the trouble they cause

Bob Weisner
06-19-2006, 9:35 AM
:( Well,had one of those days yesterday. Another year gone by and I am still around. Anyways, I thought I could take it easy yesterday, being that it was MY day to celebrate:) . I see the " TO-DO" list taped to the refrigerator door. It said , and I quote " WEED WACK BACKYARD" So, I get out the old electric Ryobi string trimmer and a ton of electrical extension cords and proceed to the backyard. I was weed wackin for about an hour when I came into the house to cool off. After about 20 minutes , I decided to get the hose out and water the front lawn and hedges since we have not had any measurable rain for about 2 weeks. I was out there for about 6 ,no, 8 minutes, TOPS!!! , when I hear the front door slam. :confused: I turn around and look at the direction of the noise.:confused: There she was, mad as heck, DEMANDING!! to know why I decided to weed wack the backyard and why was I watering the hedges when I should have been watering the bushes that are against the house.:confused: :o :( At this point, it was 92 degrees outside and humid as can be. When she ran out of things to say and complain about, it was MY turn!!:D I said "I was only doing what was on YOUR "TO-DO" LIST!! She had this look on her face like she did not know what I was talking about! LOL !! I said "the TO-DO LIST THAT IS TAPED ON THE REFRIGERATOR!!!" Her response was : "oh, ......THAT LIST! That was for me. ( meaning her)":o

Funny thing is, that "To-Do " list that was taped to the refrigerator door dissappeared right after I mentioned what was written on it!!! :D

The rest of the day went well and the cake was good!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2006, 9:38 AM
Aren't you glad it didn't say "paint toe nails" or some other such thing?

Glad your day got better!

larry merlau
06-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I have had such lists and have similar opinions of them but i actually got caught up once and since then make my own, that way when i walk in the shop it reminds me of what i get to do next when i am ready and the little things that the boss suggests are usually done first ! which has allowed me to have few more toys than what i would normally have been able to get.. she actuall has told me to not do what she suggested to have done and do my own thing on ocassions not alot, but even once is a monumental accomplishment:eek: so there is still hope:D

Joe Pelonio
06-19-2006, 5:51 PM
I'll do them often at the shop just to make sure I meet deadlines and don't forget to buy materials I need. At home we don't do them for ourselves, my wife and I may do them for chores we want the kids to do once in a while but even that doesn;t usually work.

Dennis Peacock
06-19-2006, 6:14 PM
My To-Do List is always growing and no matter how much I get done? There's always more to get done. The LOML seems to think that she can give away items I make and it not cost us anything. Go figure..!!!!:confused: :D

Steve Clardy
06-19-2006, 6:41 PM
My to do shop list stays fairly current, things get done.:)

Now. My House to do list, is another story:rolleyes:

Wife made one a year or so ago.
I got a couple of them checked off, then it had gotten worn so bad from riding in the billfold I couldn't make it out.:confused:
She keeps making em, my billfold keeps wearing them out.

So----------the list goes on.

Check off 1, add 5 more.

Mike Evertsen
06-19-2006, 8:43 PM
when I was married my rule was if you have time to do make a list you have time to do the work. so she would not make a list or do the work. I knew what needed to be done without her telling me.

Vaughn McMillan
06-19-2006, 10:55 PM
... She keeps making em, my billfold keeps wearing them out...

That little piece of 80-grit sandpaper you carry in the billfold wouldn't have anything to do with that, would it? :rolleyes: :D

- Vaughn

Steve Clardy
06-19-2006, 11:04 PM
That little piece of 80-grit sandpaper you carry in the billfold wouldn't have anything to do with that, would it? :rolleyes: :D

- Vaughn

Shooooo;):)

Al Willits
06-20-2006, 9:19 AM
The wife's "honey do" list takes a entirely different approach than the shop "to do" list, after years of doing the "honey do" list wrong, I now have it worked out to a fine art...kinda

First, when the little warlord tells you that to go fishing/shooting/golfing/whatever Sunday, you have a few things that need to be done Saturday, you need to take the list and put the chore's in order of difficulty.

Lets say she has 8 chore's, now to get all them done your gonna be busy till late Sunday and miss you tee time, so...

First you get two or three easy ones out of the way, find the shebeast of your life, and explain all ain't going well...but your still hard at it.

Then do enough of them that you have over half of them done and pick the one remaining chore that will involve parts or tools you may not have...or at least can hide so she don't know you have them.

Now, start that project and about half way though advised the wife that parts/tools are needed and off ya go.....usually to your local wood working supply house and wander around a bit, maybe go check out the new drivers at your golf store or maybe you buddies new tools.

At this point you turn your cell phone on (you did have it off..right?) and you know who will be calling wondering where in the heck you are.
Explaining the darn part is no where to be found, and you may have to order it or keep looking, she'll say order it and come home as you've wasted the day roaming around the country side.

Its at this point you remind her that you've got over half the projects done and it ain't your fault....this time.

If all goes well...she'll tell when that part gets in, you'll have to get that done along with the rest of them, as there's no time left today and your busy Sunday.

Al who thinks this works on paper anyway..:)