PDA

View Full Version : Good Baseball Weekend

Joe Pelonio
06-19-2006, 9:09 AM
I have to say I enjoyed watching Barry Bonds strike out 3 times yesterday. He went 0-3, against the 43 year old Mariner Jamie Moyer and for the second time struck out for the last out of the game against JJ Putz. For the 3 game Mariner sweep Bonds was 2-10 against our lowly 3rd place team, that's 3 games below 500. Sorry Giants fans, but we get so few chances to brag about the Mariners these days.

Larry Browning
06-19-2006, 9:33 AM
Hey, how about that College World Series? If you want some great baseball to watch, this is the ticket. These games don't have all that MLB baggage to go with it.

Joe Pelonio
06-19-2006, 4:00 PM
We've enjoyed much of that too. My daughter is a big baseball fan so some baseball or other is on our TV all summer. It's also fun to see some of the college players that your pro team has drafted playing.

Ned Bulken
06-19-2006, 6:57 PM
Oh I dunno, this weekend was only so so for me. the O's took two out of three from my Mets, but on the plus side the Red Sox whupped up on the Braves, which leaves Atlanta in the basement of the NL east trailing by 14 games. :eek:

Chris Padilla
06-20-2006, 12:03 PM
World Cup! :D

Lee DeRaud
06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Is it baseball season already? Didn't think it started for real until about Labor Day...

Larry Klaaren
06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
World Cup! :D

Ditto:rolleyes:

Pulling for the USA and The Netherlands. My son is USA/England. Love to watch the Brazilians play.

Cub's season is in the tank, so we're watching the World Cup in between my son's soccer practices. We get no arguments about it. I've heard something about another baseball team in town, but we just flip the channel most of the time if it's not the Cubs on GN.

Maybe we should start another thread on the World Cup.

Larry

Joe Pelonio
06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Ditto:rolleyes:

Pulling for the USA and The Netherlands. My son is USA/England. Love to watch the Brazilians play.

Cub's season is in the tank, so we're watching the World Cup in between my son's soccer practices. We get no arguments about it. I've heard something about another baseball team in town, but we just flip the channel most of the time if it's not the Cubs on GN.

Maybe we should start another thread on the World Cup.

Larry

As long as we got to this subject, I'm Portugese and one of my customers is Mexican, so we're e-mailing insults back and forth while this match between Portugal and Mexico is going on.

Chris Padilla
06-21-2006, 5:14 PM
You won that one, Joe!