PDA

View Full Version : Is This Gloatworthy???

Guy Germaine
06-19-2006, 6:46 AM
Remember when I posted pictures of this?
http://www.fototime.com/89E572CA9FCC6E4/standard.jpg

I made it to donate to auction for Newfoundland rescue. Well, we just got back from a weekend in Iowa where we had the gathering. The auction was last night, and the cabinet sold for $1300! http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelloweek.gif http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yelloweek.gif

BTW....The lady that bought it wants to commission me to make her a box with a Newfy inlay. I told her that it would probably be a little over $100, and she told me not to worry, that it would be WAY over $100.

scott spencer
06-19-2006, 6:54 AM
Definitely! ...the craftmanship alone was worth a gloat, the story is an added bonus.

Bob Childress
06-19-2006, 7:35 AM
and a great back story! A good gloat!:) No, a great gloat!:) :)

Mark Pruitt
06-19-2006, 8:04 AM
Is THAT gloatworthy? Like, is the Pope Catholic?:p :D
That's more than gloatworthy......that's Major Excellent!!!
Congratulations!!!

Tim Clark
06-19-2006, 8:13 AM
Saweet!!

Great work and the results are stellar to say the least.

Looks like you're on the way to a potentially lucrative word of mouth biz there. Or is that your income stream already?

Auctions like that one are just the thing to get your name out there.

Tyler Howell
06-19-2006, 8:17 AM
Not only gloat worthy but Picture Police Seal of Approval:cool:

Guy Germaine
06-19-2006, 9:41 AM
No Tim, so far there's no income streamimages/icons/icon9.gif
Seems like every time I make something, either LOML likes it and keeps it, or it's a favoe for a friend or family member. It's just a hobby, so I really don't mind. Maybe some day.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2006, 9:54 AM
Guy............fantastic project and financial gloat for the Newfy Rescue project! Congrats!

Michael Gibbons
06-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Guy, excellent to say the least. Looks like it would make a handsome tool cabinet. Newfoundland rescue?:confused: The country or the dog species? Sorry for being out of the loop.

Jim Becker
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Yea, that's a gloat! Beautiful work and congrats on the auction results.

And the woman's comment brings to light that so many folks undervalue their own work. Yours is top notch and deserves top dollar.

Rich Torino
06-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I think it's worth 2 gloats.. Great work, great story...

Per Swenson
06-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I second the 2 gloat motion.

And a great cause too.

Per

Julio Navarro
06-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Beautiful work, Guy. And cudos.

Jim Hinze
06-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Major gloat for some major league craftsmanship...

Congrats, you should definately be proud!

Guy Germaine
06-19-2006, 7:15 PM
Mike, it's the dog. Not the country. We have 2 Newfies that we've purchased, and we also own a Newife rescue. So many times people see these cute little balls of fur, and fall in love with them, not realizing that in 6 or 7 months time, they have a 100 pound dog on their hands, and they can't handle it. A lot of dogs go into rescue that way. Since we own one, I do what I can to help the cause.

Jim O'Dell
06-19-2006, 8:16 PM
Guy, the gloat to me is that you donated this piece to Newfie Rescue! BRAVO!! I feel this way because my wife and I are Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas. Not everyone can foster animals, but they still want to be involved. We have a lady in Colorado that sends rolls of stamps and phone calling cards for Rescue's use. It really helps. My wife also sends out a list to our Setters-L forum titled "50 Ways to Help Rescue". I now need to get her to include your idea and make the title "51 Ways..."
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. Jim