PDA

View Full Version : Any Father's Day Gloats?

Matt Meiser
06-18-2006, 9:42 PM
OK, for all the father's out there, any gloats for Father's day?

My 4yo brought me a "treasure map" which lead me to a box from Penn State. Inside was their starter set of pen turning stuff including a mandrel, trimmer, small tools, epoxy, finish, rosewood blanks, 5 each of a slimline pen and pencil. They also got me some figured maple and some english walnut blanks. Later in the day my parents came to visit as well as my MIL and two of my BIL's.

Corey Hallagan
06-18-2006, 10:02 PM
That's cool Matt! Great idea your daughter had! You will have fun with the pens. Hey if you are looking for pen blanks, Dennis P is offering a bunch up for 10.00 to cover the cost of shipping. I think he has a boatload to get rid of. Just FYI!

Corey

Russ Massery
06-18-2006, 10:26 PM
My gloat, spent the day with my son. Who's about to go away to college. :D

Jim Hinze
06-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Matt,

My wife must be reading my forum posts anonymously... as my daughter and wife presented me with a Lie Nielsen medium shoulder plane :D

What a nice piece of iron...

I also treated myself earlier in the month to one of Leif's (Nosewoodsmith) 8" dove tail saws with a bubinga handle... very impressive tool.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Congrats Matt! Fine Father's Day Gloat!

larry merlau
06-19-2006, 11:09 AM
well my daughter done me a nice favor sorta, she gave me a I.O.U for the east side of the state which has both woodcraft and rockler stores nearby:) but i need to go there to collect. so i will be entering the city jungle near you matt, for the retrieval of the gift. might be able to get a free meal while i am there though:) so i wi be helping out your economy in your area

Scott Coffelt
06-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Full version on wekkend doings, but a day with family was all I needed and a little seat time to catch PGA, Racing & NBA.

Jim Hinze
06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
well my daughter done me a nice favor sorta, she gave me a I.O.U for the east side of the state which has both woodcraft and rockler stores nearby:) but i need to go there to collect. so i will be entering the city jungle near you matt, for the retrieval of the gift. might be able to get a free meal while i am there though:) so i wi be helping out your economy in your area

Larry, you'd be pretty close to me. I'm about 15 minutes from Rockler and about 2 minutes from the sterling heights woodcraft... if you wanna come up on a Sat or Sun, I'm sure we could have some good food and a beer or three :rolleyes:

lou sansone
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
spent time with my 24 year old son and my 31 year old daughter. what more could one ask
lou

Rick Gibson
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
My wife came back after 3 weeks visiting in the east coast and my son and his wife came by to visit. He's been doing robotics programming in Detroit and this weekend was the first day he's had off in a little over 2 months. No new toys though but that's ok. Got to spend an hour or so at Lee Valley on Friday and they are probably still cleaning up the puddle of drool. Didn't buy much though some titebond III and a set of self centering drill bits.

tod evans
06-19-2006, 12:46 PM
no material gloats but spent all day with my son:)

Alain Tellier
06-19-2006, 1:05 PM
No offense guys but I think I got the best Father's day present ever...:cool:

Sunday morning my wife told me she was pregnant with ou second child :D It's been bliss since then. :D

So I ditched my list of upcoming projects to concentrate on renovating the third bedroom for our current two year old daugther. Her current room will become the new baby's room. That is after I finish my wife's new computer desk of course ;)

Jim Hinze
06-19-2006, 1:12 PM
Alain, you got that right... Wonderfull news and what a great day to spring it on you... Congrats!

No offense guys but I think I got the best Father's day present ever...:cool:

Sunday morning my wife told me she was pregnant with ou second child :D It's been bliss since then. :D

So I ditched my list of upcoming projects to concentrate on renovating the third bedroom for our current two year old daugther. Her current room will become the new baby's room. That is after I finish my wife's new computer desk of course ;)

Eddie Watkins
06-19-2006, 1:48 PM
I have a hydraulic lift table on order based on another thread here atSMC. It sounded like a good idea so when asked what I would like, that's what I said. Turns out there aren't any to be found locally so they ordered it from HF.

Eddie

Jack Norfleet
06-19-2006, 2:35 PM
I turned 40 on father's day. My daughter stated that I am not old, but I do creak.

glenn bradley
06-19-2006, 3:33 PM
The LOML gave me a PC557 plate joiner for my b-day which was the day b4 father's day. Does that count?

glenn bradley
06-19-2006, 3:33 PM
The LOML gave me a PC557 plate joiner for my b-day which was the day b4 father's day. Does that count?

larry merlau
06-19-2006, 7:40 PM
Larry, you'd be pretty close to me. I'm about 15 minutes from Rockler and about 2 minutes from the sterling heights woodcraft... if you wanna come up on a Sat or Sun, I'm sure we could have some good food and a beer or three :rolleyes:

thanks for the offer jim but this upcoming wknd i have a battle to embark on with the ash batallion. but wouldlike rain check til another time. my daughter lives in sterling heights not to far from the funny turnaround area with the fancy sign 42302 park side circle. but have to tend to the offensive in wisconsin first:)

Jim Becker
06-19-2006, 9:22 PM
For my first ever Father's Day...I received a nice reminder about how I became a father, to begin with. (Everyone in the family got an identical shirt)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-19-2006, 9:29 PM
Jim........that's too cool!

The LOML gave me a Grex pneumatic ROS for Father's Day!

Jason Roehl
06-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I got a new Canon Powershot A620 digital camera. I'm still trying to figure out how to post a picture of it... :D

Matt Meiser
06-19-2006, 10:38 PM
I got a new Canon Powershot A620 digital camera. I'm still trying to figure out how to post a picture of it... :D

Mirror. :D

Brad Kimbrell
06-19-2006, 10:45 PM
My mom and dad have been visiting for 2 weeks and we ended it yesterday with me smoking ribs, corn, and a few special recipies that I've learned since leaving Louisiana. My wife, brother and I had a great time with them.

The best was when my fathers eyes lit up as he read his cards. :)

The funny one went something like "Dad, I've learned so much about hand tools from you"...."When you're around, just hand the tools to you!"

Great day since I only get to see them about once a year or so.

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Since my birthday Always comes within four or less days to Father's Day, We usually combine them. :eek:

Got a Rolling Tool bag, 4 - 12" and 4 - 36" clamps from my son.:cool: The LOML Gave me a gift Cert to Woodcraft. With my employee discount, I'm getting a Nova Midi Chuck, a set of Sorby Mini Hollowing set, and a few Mahogany turning blanks. (I'm picking up the woodcraft stuff tomorrow):D

Just GOT to love that Gal!:p :p :p

Bruce;)

Jim Hinze
06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks for the offer jim but this upcoming wknd i have a battle to embark on with the ash batallion. but wouldlike rain check til another time. my daughter lives in sterling heights not to far from the funny turnaround area with the fancy sign 42302 park side circle. but have to tend to the offensive in wisconsin first:)

Sure thing Larry.. when ever you can make it up this way, let me know ;)

Rodney Randal
06-20-2006, 10:27 AM
The LOML got me an Akeda DC-16 dovetail jig and the accessory kit, youngest daughter got me a box of Lammes Cashew Critters, oldest daughter and SIL got me a World Cup T-shirt and a box of Kit Kat candy bars and my son and DIL got me the supplies for a Weizenbock homebrew :D!

Oh, yeah, and I got to do a cajun shrimp, corn, potatoe, sausage and crab leg boil for the family and FIL and MIL.

It was a good day!
Rodney

Forrest Price
06-20-2006, 1:02 PM
Well, it wasn't ww'ing related, but got a new Ping G5 driver & Ping golf bag that I've been drooling over! Also my daughter showed up on the #1 tee with a sleeve of Pro V1x balls and played the 1st five holes with my wife and I.

Nice day!

Tyler Howell
06-20-2006, 2:49 PM
Spent the morning with 3 charming young ladies..... and their dates:o , two of them my daughters.

After a great brunch at one of St Pauls swank hotels, we went to Body World at our local museum.http://www.smm.org/bodyworlds/

Check this out if you can. It is unbelievable.:cool: