PDA

View Full Version : Slipper Feet

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
06-18-2006, 8:32 PM
In the Newport-style bureau thread, Pam said that she really liked slipper feet.

I realized that I didn't really know what they look like, and my google search came up with several different varieties of feet, some of which I'd seen with other names.

So now I'm confused. :)

As a big fan of Shaker, I tend not to notice the fancier stuff much, but I *am* curious about what proper (and improper) slipper feet look like.

Mike Henderson
06-18-2006, 9:37 PM
What I call slipper feet is as shown in the picture attached. Pam could have been refering to a different style. PM her and ask if you want to know exactly what she was referring to.

Mike

Alan Turner
06-19-2006, 5:36 AM
Here is my version of slipper feet. The ones that Michael posted are much narrower and more delicate.

Pam Niedermayer
06-19-2006, 4:10 PM
Deirdre, both Alan and Michael have shown wonderful examples of slipper feet. I still like them a lot; however, on machined furniture they tend to have their crispness sanded away. I don't like those very much.

Pam

Deirdre Saoirse Moen
06-19-2006, 4:18 PM
Excellent. I agree that they are quite fetching. I'm not sure how I missed them before, but that's probably just living in an area where so much furniture is modern.