PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fathers day!!

Mark Singer
06-18-2006, 7:49 AM
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Happy fathers day to all the woodworking fathers and all the non woodworking fathers and to the fathers of woodworking fathers and to the fathers of woodworking husbands and to the male parents of children that are woodworkers or have wood dashboard trim in their cars or sit today on seats made of wood or like the word dovetail I am working on a jig that mixes margaritas using my old Rockwell #100 router I must be carfull not to let liquid into the motor ..and happy Fathers day to all the fathers over the years who didn't know they became fathers and were just having a drink at a bar and had a wonderful evening....You sometimes mention their names when they cut in front of you when driving....Oh and happy fathers day to the pets of woodworkers that are fathers and to the fish that swim in the aquariums and ponds of woodworkers that are fathers or know fathers that are fish and their children also there are mice in my workshop that I am sure are fathers because I see their children visiting me while I am woodworking and to all the artists whose work is at the Festival of The Arts show in Laguna and to all the people or living things that where are or may have known fathers except for a few people that fall into a different class of fathers and usually have another name the follows it I can think of a few it looks like a beautiful day here and we will have a brunch Called "Get Pop Out the Kitchen" this is the name I came up with which everyone likes and we are not letting Dad or any of the fathers do any cooking or dishwashing I am making an Free Tatta dish which reminds me I have to go.....have a wonderful day and celebrate Dad...PS : the Free Tatta is Free all other beverages and food is at addititonal charge , please ask yor server!

This was adapted from a previous post from a previous mothers day brunch for a similar group of people...
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Tyler Howell
06-18-2006, 8:09 AM
You said it All.
Back atcha!

Randy Moore
06-18-2006, 9:07 AM
Now that was a mouthfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :D :)

Same to everyone who qualifies for that.:)

Randy

John Miliunas
06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Mark, I believe you have all the bases covered!!! :D And a most happy Father's Day, back at ya!!! :D :cool:

Mark Singer
06-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Mark, I believe you have all the bases covered!!! :D And a most happy Father's Day, back at ya!!! :D :cool:

How can I make sure the mice in my workshop that are fathers are having a nice day? If I put some treats out the girl mice may eat it:confused:

Curt Fuller
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow, now that's about as Fathersome of a Father's Day greeting as I've ever seen. Thanks Mark and Happy Father's day right back at you and everyone else.

Jim Becker
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Yes...Happy Father's Day!!!!!!

Mark, the mice around here "share" the same peanut butter, regardless of gender or age...the latter which is limited by attempting to eat said peanut butter. ;)

John Miliunas
06-18-2006, 10:47 AM
How can I make sure the mice in my workshop that are fathers are having a nice day? If I put some treats out the girl mice may eat it:confused:

Easy. Just spritz the treat with some beer! :D :) :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-18-2006, 11:33 AM
John.......that'd work except I'm thinking Mark may have already consumed the beer there....?:D

Happy Father's Day all!

Hopefully.................a little lathe work this morning and a late afternoon brunch with the oldest son and his in-laws!

Mark Pruitt
06-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Happy Father's Day indeed!

(although I just finished making it a bad day for a few Japanese Beetles):D (but a good day for my gardens!)

Mark Singer
06-18-2006, 2:16 PM
Happy Father's Day indeed!

(although I just finished making it a bad day for a few Japanese Beetles):D (but a good day for my gardens!)

Mass murderer....

Tim Morton
06-18-2006, 2:53 PM
Greatest FD ever....(aside fom the missing toenail)...just floating around in my pool with my kids and listening to music....I can't imagine a better way to spend it. Killed a few flys just to keep in the spirit of the day....hopefuly not daddy flies:D :D

Gary Herrmann
06-18-2006, 3:06 PM
I was given a pass on pruning trees and planting today to get some shop time in (finished the base and legs for the umbrella table). I have now showered and am waiting for the fam to come back from errands so we can go to lunch. I'm even sporting my SpongeBob Father's day sticker that came with the card from my son.

If it stops raining, I predict some floating in the pool while ejoying a "daddy drink" as LOML grills up some porkchops for dinner this evening.

Maybe I'll get a repeat on my birthday in a couple months...

Glenn Clabo
06-18-2006, 4:00 PM
Right back at ya all. Just pulled in from our Cleveland trip and the son calls from Korea! Perfect!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-18-2006, 4:20 PM
Those phone calls from distant children are the best presents Glenn! Congrats!

Mark Pruitt
06-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Mass murderer....
Depends on how you look at it! Maybe the bugs are the predators and I'm the garden cop!:D