PDA

View Full Version : Two New Peaches - Fuzzy

Raymond Overman
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I had a few minutes in the shop today and I was able to finish a couple of roughed out peach pieces I've had drying. Here's the results.

Small Natural Edge
Peach
6" D x 4" H x 1/8" T
Danish Oil Finish

Large Natural Edge
Peach
7" D x 4 1/4" H x 1/4" T
Danish Oil Finish

David Fried
06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
It's a tough call Raymond but I think I'll take the one on the right. :D

man-o-man,how big is that wood pile?

Beautiful wood and nice form on both but something about the one on the right ...

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Those are going to be AWESOME, Raymond!

Bruce

Mark Cothren
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Very nice, Raymond! I like the one on the left best, but like 'em both! That Peach looks peachy...;)

Corey Hallagan
06-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Very nice Raymond, the bowls look great. You turn such a wide variety of bowls and boxes. Love your work!

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
06-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Beautiful "this is how you do it Ken"'s! I just hope mine come out recognizable! Beautiful bowls Raymond!

Raymond Overman
06-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Beautiful "this is how you do it Ken"'s! I just hope mine come out recognizable! Beautiful bowls Raymond!

I'm sure you'll do them great justice Ken. I'm ready to see what they look like. Thanks for the compliment on mine.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-17-2006, 11:50 PM
If things go right....On Father's Day morning.....they'll get done..........One finished and one roughed out and into the bath.

My MIL will be here Monday morning and I had some stuff around the house that needed to be done. I did manage to turn a box this afternoon before helping my wife with the yardwork. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow and post. I tried a new finish. So far all my finishing has been either poly or Myland's Friction polish. I found a local hardware store that stocks Zinzzers (sp?). So, I bought a can of the dewaxed shellac and tried it on the box today. The boxes are from kiln dried Honduran mahogany scraps I had. I friction polished BLO into them; followed it with friction polished dewaxed shellac; followed by the Beal buffing system. As I stated earlier, the wife loves the finish. I did buy some spray cans of lacquer for the NEs, however.

Maybe tomorrow.

Sorry for stealing your thread Raymond!

Ernie Nyvall
06-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Real nice Raymond and that peach is just... peachy.

Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
06-18-2006, 1:22 AM
Raymond those are awesome. I like them both. Beautiful job.

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-18-2006, 3:26 AM
Lovely work, Raymond!

Terry Quiram
06-18-2006, 9:28 AM
Raymond

I love the color and grain of Peach. Your bowls are very nice. I wish I had some pieces big enough to make bowls.

Terry

Christopher K. Hartley
06-18-2006, 2:08 PM
Nothing Fuzzy about the turnings...Great Job!:)

Michael Stafford
06-18-2006, 8:13 PM
Yeah, that wood pile must be in an undisclosed location. I sure would like to dig through it....Nice work, Raymond!:D

Raymond Overman
06-18-2006, 9:12 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. The pile isn't that big but I have a few pieces here and there that will be fun to turn. We'll just have to see what comes up next.

Glenn Hodges
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I was a little late getting to see these natural edge peach pieces, but I am glad I did because they are beauts.

Keith Burns
06-20-2006, 9:48 AM
Two great NE's Raymond. I like them both but favor the straight walled one. Keep them coming:)