PDA

View Full Version : wood question for Corey

Wally Wenzel
06-17-2006, 4:30 PM
Hi there Corey was wondering where you are able to buy the wood you mention in your interview? I live in Sioux Falls and there is not one place to get any thing other than lumber yard tyoe wood. i get down to Omaha a couple times a year and do some shopping at Midwest woodworkers, but that is the only place i can find,is there any place on your side of the river? Thanks Wally

Corey Hallagan
06-17-2006, 7:10 PM
Hi Wally! Just noticed the post. Have made several trips to Souix Fall for the kids soccer teams. Anyway, I buy almost all my wood off the internet. There are several places over in Omaha that specialize in hardwood but I have never bought from them. Hardwood Heaven is one of them, but don't know what they have really. I buy most of my pen blank or spindle stock either off of ebay or from pen suppliers on Ebay. I buy my thin stock for making boxes from Sloans Wood Shop on the internet. Sorry just don't know much of any place here , I am sure they probably exsist.

corey

Dennis Peacock
06-17-2006, 7:53 PM
Wally,

If it's pen blanks you need? Send me $10 and I'll priority mail you a box full of pen blanks. Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Mahogany, Locust, and maybe a surprise or two. I used to turn a lot of pens, but don't any more. So I've got about 400 pen blanks left that I haven't used or shipped out to those that want/need them. PM me your address and I'll get you a box ready to ship. The $10 is only to cover shipping. I'm not charging for the pen blanks.

George Conklin
06-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Wally,

If it's pen blanks you need? Send me $10 and I'll priority mail you a box full of pen blanks. Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Mahogany, Locust, and maybe a surprise or two. I used to turn a lot of pens, but don't any more. So I've got about 400 pen blanks left that I haven't used or shipped out to those that want/need them. PM me your address and I'll get you a box ready to ship. The $10 is only to cover shipping. I'm not charging for the pen blanks.

Your a good man, Dennis:) .