PDA

View Full Version : Car video - need help quick

Brad Schmid
06-16-2006, 8:58 PM
Gang,

I need some quick help, I have no time to research.

I need to make an emergency 24hr car trip with my kids. I want to find a portable car DVD systen that attaches to the back of each headrest (2 monitors) and that each one has a headphone plugin.

Can anybody give me suggestions on brand and where to buy. I don't have time to order over the net, so I'll need to buy locally.

Thanks for anything you can give me, I'll need to find something first thing in the morning so I can get on the road.
Thanks,
Brad

Jim Becker
06-16-2006, 9:40 PM
One of the ones I looked at recently was an Audiovox that effectively provided two 7" monitors. It also came as a kit with the wireless headphones. I didn't buy it; however, I opted for the 10" Audiovox D1020 (also with the headphones) and it worked out very well for our "vacation dry run" a couple weeks ago. (we have a longer vacation planned this summer with a lot of driving involved) I used the provided straps to hang it between the front seats, including using two of them up to the moonroof lip. I had zero rear-view mirror disruption and the field of view from the back seat of my Highlander for both girls was great. (I checked it out myself before the trip)

I suspect you'll need to head to Best Buy, Circuit City, Frey Electronics or similar in your area to find something like this, although most of the units out there are single screen, based on my research...and I considered a LOT of units!