PDA

View Full Version : Missus Kvetch

Jason Solodow
06-16-2006, 7:51 PM
Okay, don't get me wrong, I love my fiancee to death, but somedays I want to just strangle her! Example, we're living in an apartment right now with a two pet limit and we have three cats... Now, she wants to get a dog... I would like a dog, but I think this is a bad time... However, she doesn't get it.... GRRRRR....I keep asking her to wait until we have a house, then she can get a dog... So, guess what I'm doing? Looking at houses.... One stress for another!

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-16-2006, 7:56 PM
Remember, Jason....................YOU gave her the option!:D :D

Bruce

Joe Pelonio
06-16-2006, 8:12 PM
This could get you on the hook for more trouble later but how about telling her how hard it is to go anywhere (travel) when you have a dog? Have to pay to board it, or find a friend to take care of it....not to mention vet bills, tell her about my $3,300 dog, surgery cost after he ate one of my wife's quilting pins. Oh, and who's going to walk it and "pick up".

John Miliunas
06-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....Get the dog and ditch the fi..... :D Naw...Never mind! :D :D :D :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
06-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Jason, "house" can also equate to "woodshop", so maybe in the long run, the dog's not such a bad idea. ;)

- Vaughn

Michael Cody
06-17-2006, 8:50 AM
Stick with the cost approach (though I still don't hold out hope for you)... my 3 dogs (pet rescues) for just spring checkup & heartwork -- 367$. That's just one visit.

Not to mention dog grooming tools (about 100$), food @ 20$ per week, chewed up items at home - don't even get me started there. Carpet cleaning, and on and on and on ... but then I do like dogs, sorta like a wife .. love 'em to death but killing them doesn't always sound that bad.