PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Allert

Wayne Ashing
06-16-2006, 6:00 AM
Jorgy 30" Cabnet Masters $23.95, I just bought 8 Bessy 31"s or I might be interested. By the way what's with the Performex prices ? The 10/20 is $695. and all the others are jacked up too? Gotta love Em!

John Downey
06-16-2006, 9:47 AM
They've been doing that lately. I was dithering on a drill press Sunday afternoon, and by the time I made my mind up to buy it on Monday, price had gone up $150. Not sure if they're correcting errors, passing on manufacturer increases, or what, but it sure cooled my enthusiasm for that machine. I also saw some comments on one of their generic cheap dp's that they had recently done the same thing on that model. I know prices are going up and all, but sudden, un-announced increases strike me as bad marketing. I would have bought the silly thing on Sunday if they had said "price increase tomorrow", but instead I found a used Rockwell for less money, that is probably a better machine.

John

Michael Cody
06-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Wanna bet that Amazon monitors how many folks look at what items and also items going on wish lists or into the cart but not being bought .. then adjust pricing based on that info.. if they don't they are stupid. It if's popular and other folks are selling for more that you -- up the price would be my thought. With Amazon's insane shipping policys, they've got to make it up somewhere.

Randy Cox
06-16-2006, 2:08 PM
I think I read somewhere that some of the price increases were due to Fathers day coming up.

Randy

Chris Padilla
06-16-2006, 5:47 PM
Don't you usually LOWER prices during holidays???

glenn bradley
06-16-2006, 5:50 PM
Go here and check out how much swing there is in Amazon pricing. Pretty eye opening.

http://www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/top_drop.php?type=1&sort=price&duration=24&deal=0

John Downey
06-16-2006, 8:39 PM
Thats a pretty cool site! Instant bookmark.

Larry James
06-16-2006, 9:46 PM
Glenn, thanks for the heads-up. I'm not sure if Amazon Price Watch (http://www.frozenwarrior.com/~pricewatch/) will help me save, or spend more, or spend faster! Whatever, thanks for the post.

Larry

glenn bradley
06-16-2006, 10:33 PM
That brings up another trick that someone else posted. Sorry for the plagerism but, I think its OK. You have to be logged in to Amazon, I believe. If your looking at something, put it in your cart. Now click on 'edit your cart' and move the item by clicking 'save for later'. The next time you log in and click on your cart the new price and the percentage off of 'list' will show. This allows you to track your own items (you have to remember what the old price was). If it hits your threshold of pain, just click 'move to cart' and you can complete your transaction, locking in the price. Just what I need, an easier way to spend $$$.