PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Contactor - Am I on the right path?

Scott Behrens
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Yup,

It's another question about this. Sorry, but just wondered if someone could find their way to telling me if I'm on the right path.

If you search on ebay, will this contactor work -
NEW DEFINITE PURPOSE CONTACTOR 120V coil 30/40amp 2p

ADDED - Guess I should mention I've got the 5hp Leeson for a ClearVue.

Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Scott

Bruce Wrenn
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Check with Surplus Center in Lincoln NB first. They sell many contactors in various voltages and amp capacities. If you have access to a Johnstone Supply or Graingers, they also stock HVAC contactors. You might want to get a thermostat transformer and make low voltage set up. Transformers are availble in multiple voltage inputs.

Russ Massery
06-16-2006, 6:56 AM
Ed,has a link on his site. (Clearvue). I ordered mine from there. I believe it's the surplus center that Bruce spoke of. BTW It's a great cyclone I just got mine going.Starting the "plumb" the ducting now.

tod evans
06-16-2006, 8:02 AM
scott, any contactor with a 120v coil that is rated at or above your motors amperage will work so if you`re able to find 3-phase contactors cheaper they`ll work just fine only thing being you wouldn`t use all the terminals....02 tod

Matt Meiser
06-16-2006, 8:19 AM
Surplus Center has some complete magnetic switches with built in start/stop. I also like these two places:

http://www.automationdirect.com
http://www.factorymation.com

FactoryMation is a little cheaper, but doesn't sell as much.

Jim Becker
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I bought my contactor from the local electrical supply house for about $25. 'Probably could have gotten one less expensive, but not with less hassle...

Russ Massery
06-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Scott, I see that the link is gone. So I checked Surplus sales,there sold out.
though they have others that will work. You need one rated for 30amps, at least 2 pole with a 110v coil. You can use a three phase one just don't use one pole, Like Todd said above. Here's a link http://www.surplussales.com

Jim O'Dell
06-16-2006, 11:01 AM
The ones I got from Graingers a couple weeks ago were 19.00 and change. Leviton brand. I got one that is 24 volt trigger for the sprinkler system, and the other 120 volt trigger for my Clear Vue cyclone, same motor as yours. Not hooked up yet, but getting there. Jim.

Larry Cooke
06-16-2006, 11:15 AM
NEW DEFINITE PURPOSE CONTACTOR 120V coil 30/40amp 2pScott,

That's the exact one I bought. I think it was 5.99/ea and shipping was something like 8.00 or 9.00. I ended up buying two, and it added like another 1.00 to the shipping. I hope I won't need two, but for $6.00 I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare. Besides, I can use it for other tools if needed.

ADDED - Guess I should mention I've got the 5hp Leeson for a ClearVue.Me too. I haven't had the time to set it up yet though. Sure looks good though!

Larry

Chris Padilla
06-16-2006, 5:30 PM
ebay is where I've picked up all my contactors. I found some 120V coil ones and some 24 V coil ones-->I use these with a sprinkler timer to control my pool pumps... :)