PDA

View Full Version : I am going to have to blame this on Frank..

Chuck Trisdale
06-15-2006, 4:45 PM
when my wife asks why I have bought this dang festool vacuum. I am considering it anyway after looking at his pics of the cabin. By the way Frank - that was an awesome job. You have much more patience than I do. Maybe I will get there one day.

Anyway, of course I went to the Festool web page and started looking at thier products. I have no Festool's and knew nothing of them. I watched their videos and their tools look awesome.

My question is this. Would the ct mini be good enough if :
> I only spend about 2 weekends a month in the shop
> I have a JDS for the larger items - so this would only be running routers, sanders with smaller ports.

Also, I assume this will attach to any tools. Is that correct? Now, do me a favor and dont answer me - my wife will thank you when I dont make the purchase.:)

I would also like to hear from you guys who have the Plunge Circular saw and router. That looked pretty awesome for the application they were showing in the video (cutting sheet goods)

Jim Becker
06-15-2006, 5:15 PM
The Mini is a very nice machine. I do think that the CT-22 is a better buy long-term, especially when it comes to extraction from the tougher tools, such as the saw and routers. I've been more than pleased with my CT-22 in that respect. BTW, a great source for Festool is from "Uncle Bob" (fellow Creeker Bob Marino) at http://festool.safeshopper.com. He's "the best"!!

Chuck Trisdale
06-15-2006, 5:30 PM
I would much rather deal with someone I can trust through someone on here!

Thanks for the reply. Just one thing - not only did you encourage the purchase - you suggested the more expensive one! :)

Really thanks a lot. The personal experience of the guys on here is worth a ton of trial and error heartache!

Per Swenson
06-15-2006, 5:36 PM
Chuck,

Go with the ct-22.

You will be much happier when your festool collection expands.

We bought two. One is hooked up like this. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=36744&highlight=boom

Shorter Jim Becker, Nobody does it better then Bob.

Per

Chuck Trisdale
06-15-2006, 5:51 PM
Per

That would be perfect for my ... well ...anyones shop. Thanks for the link to your thread!!

Frank Fusco
06-15-2006, 6:16 PM
Be careful what Frank you are blaming stuff on. ;)
But, I'm happy to take any credits you want to hand out. :p