PDA

View Full Version : LaserBuzz 2nd Fun Project

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
I hope to hear some feedback wether you enjoy receiving these fun projects from Buzz.

We like to make projects that can make us a hero at home with the kids or our grandchildren;) Sometimes we get so carried away with designing these fun projects we forget about the designs that pay the bills:eek:

Coming in the future, first to be released in our newsletter, Apache helicopter, chopper motorcycle, jeep, Dump Truck, Excavator, Bulldozer, Humvee, and many more.

Here is a picture of the F-15 finished.

Mike Shauer
06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks Tom! I cut one for my grandson last nite, all went well just a little glue. Most important he loved it Thanks again Cheers

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Mike!!!:D

Ed Lang
06-15-2006, 1:26 PM
Tom,

I liked it so much I check my email twice as offen at I did before waiting for the next file!

My 11 year old likes it a LOT.

I used no glue and it fits snug and was easy to put together. I used the picture of the finished one as I liked that example better than the written instructions on the sheet with the parts layed out.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-15-2006, 2:53 PM
Thanks for the compliment Ed, I do need to get better at making instructions. I had a couple of people at the last trade show say they look forward to my News Letter's, I didn't know that, I thought I sent out to many so I slowed down.:confused:

I have a person Beta testing my other designs to make assembly directions for me. The gal who did the assembly directions for my Doll House, did a great job. I feel that project is ready to go, I just need to take some more pictures, because I agree with you, pictures help with assembly. She wants to start making directions on the Victorian Doll House design now.

Leigh Costello
06-15-2006, 6:41 PM
By golly, Tom, you are going to be keeping me busy once my new laser is ordered and delivered! I do all the kids games at my church, and only wish I already had my laser so I could make some way too cool prizes! But alas, these things take time. Just imagining for next year what I will offer. Do you think it would be okay if I just made a kit and offered it as a grand prize? Would a youngster be able to assemble the kit okay?
Leigh Costello

Mitchell Andrus
06-15-2006, 6:57 PM
Leigh,

Nothing preventing you from printing on paper, transfering to ply and cutting with a scroll saw. Y'know, the old fasioned way....

Yea, I know....

Mitch

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-15-2006, 7:35 PM
Leigh,
It is amazing how easy a kid can figure out how to assemble anything while playing their play station, watching two TV's and talking to their friends on their cell phone all at the same time:eek:

Before long they will have a laser of their own and make my stuff look like child's play, wait a minute, my fun projects are childs play:D

Look forward to you joining our world of Laser owners!!! The best is yet to come.:cool:

Leigh Costello
06-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Mitchell, I would transfer, saw, etc. but am currently winged. And since I value my fingertips in their current location - attached - I must wait to get the laser.

Tom, my daughter, who is a teenager and has a boyfriend, a circle of loud gal pals and a horse, dogs, cats, and dreams of her own car has firmly denounced our decision to buy a laser. Then we showed what the Epilog rep made in just a matter of minutes, and now she is wondering when we are getting the laser so she can work for us! Ah youth!

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-16-2006, 10:42 AM
My thought on business is, a man tends to buy 95% of the production machines in the world, but the woman buys 95% of the finished products those machines can make, so if your daughter is excited about the product the Epilog rep made then you have potential sales!:cool:

My other thought as I get older is if I were scroll sawing these intricate items and burped, sneezed, or farted (which I tend to do at my age) my product would be ruined, with a laser I'm OK for bodily funtions:p

I'm sure you will enjoy your new laser!!!

Michael Wells
06-17-2006, 1:33 PM
I wondered what you were using to power that F-15, Tom! I didn't realize it was personal gas!! Hehehee Awesome design, but when I fly it, it seems to make everybody leave......maybe I should have tried the sneeze?

David Zurick
06-18-2006, 2:56 AM
Im having trouble trying to download this project. When I try downloading I just get a bunch of characters on my screen. I have Corel 11, can anyone help? Thannks in advance.

Shaddy Dedmore
06-18-2006, 3:36 AM
Right click over the link and "Save As". Might be Save Object as, Save Link As, whatever (depends on browser)...

Then if it doesn't appear to have the correct name, change it. As in, mine come up as "attachment.php" so i change the file name to "f-15.cdr" remember to change the extension.

Shaddy

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-18-2006, 1:55 PM
David,
You should be able to right click on your mouse and "SAVE TARGET AS" this is where you should be able to save it on your computer and open it in CorelDraw later.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Last weekend I made this new design.

George M. Perzel
06-23-2006, 3:55 PM
Hi Tom;
Just gave the F-15 model to my grandson- he went gaga over it and is working to put it together- I refused to help in spite of severe criticism from his mother (my daughter), who, of course, is still operating under the Princess
syndrome which we created and fostered so many years!
Will send pics when he gets it together- (alright, maybe I'll help a little).
Thanks for your efforts and willingness to share.
Best regards;
George

Dennis Kotlowski
06-23-2006, 5:18 PM
Tom,

I also just made this for my son and he loved it. Will you be sharing your new motorcycle plans? Thanks for all your great projects. I bought your military and sample cds and I am doing great with them at shows.

Dennis

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-23-2006, 7:25 PM
Dennis,
Glad to hear our Military patterns are selling well for you. I hope you are getting our newsletters also.

We are starting work on a second Dog pattern package, the first has been a big seller.

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-23-2006, 7:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback George, did you get a chance to do the Race car with him?

I haven't made assembly directions for the motorcycle yet, it is harder to put together than the 3 story Doll House

Tom Buzz Bernard
06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I have another project I spent way to much time designing, but I believe it is my favorite to date, of course I might be biased since I do like helicopters. This is my version of an Apache Helicopter. The boy in the picture received one of my prototypes, but I thought this would give good perspective to the helicopters size - 22" long and a blade span of 21". By the way all blades turn!:eek:

Shaddy Dedmore
06-29-2006, 2:51 AM
I have another project I spent way to much time designing, but I believe it is my favorite to date, of course I might be biased since I do like helicopters. This is my version of an Apache Helicopter. The boy in the picture received one of my prototypes, but I thought this would give good perspective to the helicopters size - 22" long and a blade span of 21". By the way all blades turn!:eek:

ho leee crap. nice Buzz. I'm sure all that work was worth it right there.

Shaddy

Ed Lang
06-29-2006, 7:14 AM
And I thought the lathe was going to suck all of my time and money!!! I think Buzz has created quite a "Buzz" around the creek with his "toys"!

They all look super!

I keep checking my inbox for the next newsletter and set of files.

Todd Jones
09-08-2006, 6:42 PM
Tom I love your work here is your F15 cut out of black acrylic very nice once I got the size right. I was also wondering about cost to design something. I fly powered parachutes and have access to the blue prints for the machine I would loive to have a 3d model to sell at uintralight airshows if this is something you might be interested in designing I could send you more information just let me know my email is lasergraphic@comcat.net I can send you photos of one in flight if you haven't seen one

Tom Buzz Bernard
09-11-2006, 9:34 AM
Hi Todd,
The F-15 out of black acrylic looks stunning!

We are backed up with new product development right now. If you send a picture we can take a look, but I'm not sure when we could get to it.

Scott Balcarcel
09-17-2006, 12:46 AM
I love the F-15, looks great, I tried the attatchments, but for some reason none of the attachments on the forum work for me.

Tom Buzz Bernard
09-17-2006, 5:25 AM
You have to right click and "save as" to your computer.