PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week till Wood Days! Who's going?

Matthew Dworman
06-15-2006, 11:39 AM
1 Week till Wood Days! (Canterbury Shaker Village, Canterbury, NH) Who's going?

Dave Anderson NH
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. For the second year in a row I'm not demonstrating. I have lots on my plate right now and I figure doing demos 8 out of the last 10 years qualifies me for a break.

Bob Winkler
06-15-2006, 1:02 PM
I've never been, but it sounds pretty interesting. I'll see if I can convince my wife to have a nice daytrip.

Bob

Matthew Dworman
06-16-2006, 1:21 PM
I'll be there on Saturday. For the second year in a row I'm not demonstrating. I have lots on my plate right now and I figure doing demos 8 out of the last 10 years qualifies me for a break.

Dave,
Will you be at the SAPFM conference in Gardiner, MA at the end of July?

Dave Anderson NH
06-17-2006, 8:13 AM
Hi Matt, I'll be at the SAPFM conference at Mt Wachusett. I've also registered for the Friday bus trip to Deerfield Village

George Symula
06-18-2006, 9:05 AM
I guess I need to get out more....What are these conferences about? Location, times, anything else I would need to know to attend? I live 15 minutes from Gardner so it may be interesting to see what's going on.

George S

Randy Moore
06-18-2006, 9:17 AM
George,

Welcome to the Crrek. Water is comfortable. Everyone is friendly and we do have lots of fun here.:)

There is a lot of smart people here so ask any questions and you should get answers.

Randy

Dave Anderson NH
06-18-2006, 9:20 AM
Welcome George.

Wood Days is a 2 day event held each year (this is #16) at the Canterbury Shaker Village in Canterbury, NH. Live blue grass music, demonstrations on all types of woodworking, tours of the village, great food, displays by wood dealers, etc. Admission is around $15. It's held the last weekend in June each year and full details can be found at www.shakers.org (http://www.shakers.org).

The event at Mt Wachusett is the annual mid year conference of SAPFM, the Society of American Period Furniture Makers. This event changes venues to different areas of the country each year and runs for 3 days-Friday through Sunday. This year there is a Friday optional trip to Historic Deerfield Village and the actual conference starts in late afternoon after folks have returned from the field trip. The conference is on furniture embellishments and finishes this year. It is fairly expensive at $275 or so but includes some of the meals. Full details are available on the societie's website at www.sapfm.org (http://www.sapfm.org)

George Symula
06-19-2006, 9:59 AM
Dave,

Thanks for thr reply. Sounds very interesting but unfortunately my daughter has a lacrosse tournament on that date and I'm comitted. Maybe next year,,,

George S