PDA

View Full Version : Flag Case

Jerry Todd
02-23-2003, 7:34 AM
My Dad, Delbert Todd Jr. passed away two years ago yesterday. In memory of him I built this case to display his military memorabilia and the flag the honor guard presented to me at his funeral.
This will be my first attempt at posting a picture so here goes.

Kevin Gerstenecker
02-23-2003, 7:42 AM
Very Nice Jerry! What a great way to honor the memory of your Father. Fantastic design and beautiful workmanship. We should all take time to remember those who served our Country, and pay tribute to those who are no longer with us.

Ron McNeil
02-23-2003, 9:13 AM
What a fantastic flag case, the design is great, the memories of your father will be there for all family and loved ones to cherish for years to come.

Ted Shrader
02-23-2003, 10:19 AM
Jerry -

Vey well done! Have not seen seen one quite like that. I really like the pediment.

Good Work,
Ted

Jerry Todd
02-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Well Guys thanks for the comments, however I can't take credit for the design. I modified the plans (W2040) that I purchased from the Meisel Catalog to allow room for all the memorabilia.
Jerry

Jim Shaver, Oakville Ont
02-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Hi Jerry,

Outstanding work, an incredible display in his memory.

That is a tribute that will stay in your family for ever.

I too am working on a similar project, I am building a combined display of my father and my two grandfathers, all their medals from WW I, WW II and Korea... Canadians.

I love the display of your flag, I had not thought ofthat option.

Take Care,
Jim

Jerry Todd
02-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Jim,
If you are building some flag display cases you might want to look at this web site: www.usmedals.com
Lots of ideas.
Good Luck,
Jerry

Bob Lasley
02-23-2003, 9:47 PM
Jerry,

Very nice job. What is the emblem at the top. Is it just a rosette or something special?

Bob

Howard Barlow
02-23-2003, 11:00 PM
Well done, Jerry, well done.

Jerry Todd
02-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Bob Lasley
Jerry,

Very nice job. What is the emblem at the top. Is it just a rosette or something special?

Bob
It is a 2 1/2 inch brass medallion, "Department of the Air Force" with the Air Force Crest.
Thanks for looking,
Jerry

Dick Shryock
02-24-2003, 7:58 PM
Really nice work. It is a tribute to your dad.

Tony Falotico
02-24-2003, 8:26 PM
We need to carry on the memories of those responsible for the freedoms we enjoy today.
BTW -- where in North Florida is this retirement home you are building? I'm in Lake City, about 45 miles north of Gainesville right at the corner of I-75 & I-10.