PDA

View Full Version : JDS Dustforce or?

Al Willits
06-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Between you guys/gals and my wife, its become apparent a DC system is gonna happen much sooner than I planned...you know, wait till the lungs go, then get the DC...

Anyway, its gonna have to be a portable for now, and I seem to like the specs and reviews on the JDS Dustforce, Woodcraft lists them with a one mic bag at about $329.

It was that or the comparable Delta and I like the lower hose inlet of the JDS better.
This seem like a pretty good choice?

tia....again

Al

Michael Gibbons
06-15-2006, 9:35 AM
Al ,I have the Dust Force and I am really happy with it's performance. My wife is happy also because the dust is way down in the rest of the house. You can use it on two machines at once, but like all the other roll-around collectors, they work better using only one inlet at a time.

Mike

Per Swenson
06-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Al,

We have one.

Went for the the one micron cannister after about two weeks

of use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007Y75J8/qid=1150379758/sr=1-29/ref=sr_1_29/102-2031238-9252956?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

Since the switch, no complaints at all.

We also went the full $200, so this looks like a bargain.

Please note, we produce a lot of saw dust, enough to mulch the entire

neighborhood and there summer homes. Which is why the bag and the

constant cleaning did not work well for us.

Hope this is helpful.

Per

John Stevens
06-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Same as Per, except I paid $500 to get the one mic cannister at the start. I'm happy enough with its performance, but if my basement workshop didn't have a 72" ceiling I'd have gotten a cyclone, just based on what I've read from cyclone users here.

Al Willits
06-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks, I work kinda slow, so I probably don't need a lot of DC, and I plan on leaving one hose on the table saw and use the other for whatever else I'm using.
Not as nice as a full blown DC unit, but its what will work for me, think part time woodworker at this stage, retirement is prob 5 or 6 years away and if a bigger system is needed then, so be it.

I was looking at the canister, but finaces dictate that it won't happen now, maybe when the bag is shot, I'll upgrade then.
I'm putting most of my mad money into getting the York 8" jointer and Dewalt planer now, while I still have swmbo convinced I need them...:)
And they don't come out with a price increase.

It'd be nice to buy upper end equiptment and it makes sense, unfortnately I just don't have the disposable income now for that, but I'm trying. :)

Al

Jay Davidson
06-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Just a suggestion, buy the highest capacity dust collection system you can afford and the largest your shop can fit. Even though you don't think you need it now, you will want to expand it later.

Here is a great canister, inexpensive, that works with most collectors, and the clear plastic bag is much easier to use: http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Here is a great gating system, pure luxury, but incredible: http://www.ecogate.com/

Al Willits
06-15-2006, 1:54 PM
I understand Jay and thanks for the info.
But something like the ecolab system ain't gonna happen, I don't have a dedicated shop, I have a garage that gets used for many other things than wood work, someday maybe, but for now its a garage I do wood working in...and the wife parks her car in occasionally.

Having a complete super duper anything is always nice, but I can't afford the ultimate wood shop and if the Dust force will keep the wife and my lungs happy, that's what's going to happen, I still need a great deal of "stuff" and only so much money to get it with.

You guys/gals have been a great help and I really appreciate it, so if I don't go with one of your recommendations, its not that I'm not listening, I just probably can't afford it.
This damn hobby is expensive....:D

Once again, thanks.

Al who's trying to get the wife a second job....but getting some resistance .