PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Tools Recall

Matt Meiser
06-14-2006, 6:57 PM
I stopped into my local Woodcraft today for my once-every-several-months reminder of why I hate shopping there. While trying to find the Pinnacle spindle gouges and not being helped by the 4 guys working there :mad: , I saw a printed out email they had taped to the pegs announcing a recall of several SKU's of Pinnacle tools. Apparently a bunch of them aren't HSS as marked, so they are replacing them all. I can't find anything about it on Woodcraft.com, so if you think you might be affected, you'll probably have to call them. I did pick up one of the diamond parting tools though.

Bernie Weishapl
06-14-2006, 8:38 PM
Thanks Matt. I will have to take a look at the 2 or 3 I have and give them a call.

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Evening Matt:

I'm sorry for your experience at Woodcraft. Since they are franshises, the individual owners are responsible for who they hire. Have you contacted the owner with your concerns? Unless you and others let them know that you're not happy with the service, they can't correct it. That being said, if they still don't give you good service, there ARE other places to purchase woodworking equipment.

As you might or might Not know, I DO, work for a local Woodcraft, two days a week. Before going to work for them. I was pleased with the knowledge, help, and friendliness of the employees. Our folks believe in talking to you as you arrive, to see if you need help, then stay out of your way till you need us.

Just the way we do it in Peoria.

Bruce

Matt Meiser
06-15-2006, 7:33 AM
Evening Matt:

I'm sorry for your experience at Woodcraft. Since they are franshises, the individual owners are responsible for who they hire. Have you contacted the owner with your concerns? Unless you and others let them know that you're not happy with the service, they can't correct it. That being said, if they still don't give you good service, there ARE other places to purchase woodworking equipment.

As you might or might Not know, I DO, work for a local Woodcraft, two days a week. Before going to work for them. I was pleased with the knowledge, help, and friendliness of the employees. Our folks believe in talking to you as you arrive, to see if you need help, then stay out of your way till you need us.

Just the way we do it in Peoria.

Bruce

Actually I have talked to the owner. Several times when I've been out of town I've stopped at Woodcraft stores. Happened to stop at one in Bedford, OH and they asked why I came so far, so I told them. Turned out that the owner of that store also owned the one closest to me and he was in the store. I talked to him for a while, but nothing has changed.

Good thing I didn't know about Woodcraft when I lived in Peoria (right after college I worked for Cat for a year). Don't think the neighbors would have been too thrilled about a table saw in my apartment. :rolleyes:

Ed Breen
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I have no stock in Woodcraft but I do trade at the Tulsa store. The staff at that store have always been very knowledgeable(???) and able to respond to specific questions. Any time I go in we trade pen stories and admire our work.
Ed

John Miliunas
06-15-2006, 1:33 PM
Matt, drop an email to their corporate office! Yes, I realize it's locally owned but, Corporate still has the "power" to hammer down! It's all about that particular store and staff reflecting badly on WC. Like Bruce, I too work PT at our local store and our owner also has 3 other stores. Trust me when I say that he's NOT a happy camper when "word" comes down from Corporate! :rolleyes: Granted, there will be customers whom one will never be able to please but, our owner reacts and gets busy to find out what the real story is. I feel lucky because, each and every staffer does some (or many) forms of WW and we're usually able to help our customers out, even if they walk out of the store empty-handed! Even then, it's been my experience that they'll be back! :) :cool:

Matt Meiser
06-15-2006, 2:19 PM
Matt, drop an email to their corporate office! Yes, I realize it's locally owned but, Corporate still has the "power" to hammer down! It's all about that particular store and staff reflecting badly on WC. Like Bruce, I too work PT at our local store and our owner also has 3 other stores. Trust me when I say that he's NOT a happy camper when "word" comes down from Corporate! :rolleyes: Granted, there will be customers whom one will never be able to please but, our owner reacts and gets busy to find out what the real story is. I feel lucky because, each and every staffer does some (or many) forms of WW and we're usually able to help our customers out, even if they walk out of the store empty-handed! Even then, it's been my experience that they'll be back! :) :cool:

Did that too. I think it is just this store--I would never have guessed the Bedford one had the same owner.

John Miliunas
06-15-2006, 2:28 PM
Did that too. I think it is just this store--I would never have guessed the Bedford one had the same owner.

Well then, that's a bummer. Sounds like maybe the manager of the store is poor or the owner doesn't want to "ruffle feathers" there or both. Typically, retail pays pretty rotten (at least around here it does!) and the owner and/or mgr. might be figuring it would be hard to replace staff if someone gets mad and leaves after being "talked to". Who knows? :confused: Personally, I have visited other retailers where I walk out sincerely wondering how the heck they stay in business! Very poor customer service with poor product selection, etc., yet they seem to survive. Go figure.... :rolleyes: :) :cool: