PDA

View Full Version : New Jet Pen Lathe Soon

Ken Salisbury
09-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Jet has a new 2004 product exclusively for pen makers. It should be available soon. While I was in Nashville I learned the distribution center there will be receiving them hopefully later this month. At just slightly over $100.00 it might be just the thing. I will reserve judgment until I get my hands on one (soon I hope - I have my dibs on the first one that GIS can get their hands on) :).

Attached is the page from Jet's 2004 catalog I scaned. Notice it only weighs 12 ½ pounds - which would be great to haul around to shows, etc to do demo's.

Just thought I would give this "heads-up" to anyone who may be interested.

p.s. I can't wait to see Grumbine behind this one :D

Jim Baker
09-12-2003, 1:12 PM
I had seen this lathe in Jet's new catakog at Arthur Distributing a couple of weeks ago. I'm very interested too. Please let me know how you like it when you get yours.

Mark Hulette
09-12-2003, 1:17 PM
It's interesting they don't offer it with variable speed. The folks making the Mercury mini would love that!

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-12-2003, 3:12 PM
That would be a great Lathe to take to the various BBQ's and get togethers. You would only have to make one trip from the Vehicle to the party site Ken.........................Cooler in one hand and the Pen Lathe in the other. But, I'm sure you already thought of that..............didn't ya? :D

Jeff Rich
09-13-2003, 7:39 AM
I was at Rockler yesterday and saw the little guy in person.
They are having a fellow do some demos on it this weekend.
Looks like it comes with some tools as well. and for only $99
Jet definitely built it for turning pens or items with little weight.

On second thought I havent bought any new toys in a while......

Jim Baker
09-13-2003, 8:06 AM
I was at Rockler yesterday and saw the little guy in person.
They are having a fellow do some demos on it this weekend.
Looks like it comes with some tools as well. and for only $99
Jet definitely built it for turning pens or items with little weight.

On second thought I havent bought any new toys in a while......

Amazon lists it at $149.99. Quite a difference. Does anyone know what may account for the big difference?

David Rose
09-13-2003, 5:46 PM
Ken, if that thing will run on a 12 volt converter, it would give you something to do while driving to the shows! :cool:

Have you got your "big boy" new one in operation?

David

Ken Salisbury
09-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Ken,
Have you got your "big boy" new one in operation?
David

Yes David the "big boy" lathe is up and running - and it is a sweet machine.

Jeff Rich
09-14-2003, 3:50 AM
Rockler lists it for 149, they are just having a Jet sale for fall.

Jim Baker
10-04-2003, 6:25 AM
I will reserve judgment until I get my hands on one (soon I hope - I have my dibs on the first one that GIS can get their hands on) :).

:D

Has anyone tried one of these yet? Rockler's $99 sale ends tomorrow. I was hoping to get someone's firsthand report before asking Santa for one.

Ken Salisbury
10-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Has anyone tried one of these yet? Rockler's $99 sale ends tomorrow. I was hoping to get someone's firsthand report before asking Santa for one.

I hope to get my hands on one in a week or so. Too late for your decision on Rocker's sale. I will report (if and when ) I get my grubby little fingers on one.