PDA

View Full Version : Man I like this saw!

Jeff Horton
06-13-2006, 8:46 PM
I finished the rebuild of the DeWalt RAS a few weeks ago. I then started on the Unisaw and haven't done any woodworking to speak of. Just spent some time on the lathe. Work is slow and I had the day off so I decided to start on the garden gate.

Of course I had to finish the extension table fence. Then decided I might a well build a new table for the saw. :rolleyes: I ended up spending most all day on those odds and ends.

Finally late this afternoon I actually started working on the gates. Ripping on the table saw and cross cutting on the DeWalt. Man is that thing sweet! I am so impressed. Lots of power, stable and smooth. It has a Freud blade on that that is no telling how old, but it does a good job cutting. No way do I want to go back to the Craftsman! They are going out of the shop in the morning for good! Nothing like this old iron!

Jim Becker
06-13-2006, 8:53 PM
Not only are they great tools, but I'm sure your sweat equity makes them even more pleasurable to use!

glenn bradley
06-14-2006, 1:04 AM
I'd say "you lucky devil" but you worked for this reward. Glad to hear your efforts paid off

Greg Koch
06-14-2006, 2:01 AM
It was fun and educational to watch the transformation. Glad you have it up and running like new, and for saving another tool from the past...