PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

bob williams
09-12-2003, 8:57 AM
I just got off the phone with the Tool Crib (my Besseys are shipping..YEAH!!) and I asked about buying a Jet 14" bandsaw with the $100 rebate. He quoted me the catalog price of $499.99, but then said he could take an extra 5% off. I asked why and he said it was an "unadvertised special" he didn't know for how long it would be, but it was on any stationay equipment by jet, powermatic or Delta. I kinda think it was inventory reduction, but he said he didn't know why. HAs anyone else seen this? Does it sound like a good deal??? It's my anniversary this week and I am getting my wife a cordelss iron. I think she should get me a bandsaw!!! :p

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-12-2003, 9:08 AM
Bob, if you can pull that one off..........................NICE TRADE! Happy Anniversary! :D

Jim Baker
09-12-2003, 9:21 AM
It's my anniversary this week and I am getting my wife a cordelss iron. I think she should get me a bandsaw!!! :p

I think if I got LOML a cordless iron for our anniversary and asked her to get me something like a bandsaw she would hit me over the head with the iron.

My Grandma Walk always said "Never get a lady a gift that has a cord." I'm not sure how a cordless iron fits into the equation, since she made it up before cordless things like that were invented. :D

Good luck with the band saw.

Ken Salisbury
09-12-2003, 9:29 AM
I just got off the phone with the Tool Crib I asked about buying a Jet 14" bandsaw with the $100 rebate. He quoted me the catalog price of $499.99, but then said he could take an extra 5% off. I asked why and he said it was an "unadvertised special" he didn't know for how long it would be, but it was on any stationay equipment by jet, powermatic or Delta. I kinda think it was inventory reduction, but he said he didn't know why. HAs anyone else seen this? Does it sound like a good deal??? It's my anniversary this week and I am getting my wife a cordelss iron. I think she should get me a bandsaw!!! :p
Check this post from a few weeks ago - much better price

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?threadid=3524

call Rick Warren directly -- 1-800-371-2220

bob williams
09-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Actually, the iron she wants is a maytag and it sells for $150.00, plus all the other stuff I got her, I don't think she is making out all that bad. As for the link, they have the 12" I see, but not the 14" there, plus they have shipping charges. I was just surprised that a company would just offer me a discount like that. I hope they do it for any one else here who might need it. I think that I will be getting the bandsaw from them. with the 5% off, no shipping and no salestax it works out really nice for me. With luck, someone else here could use a good deal too.

Mike Evertsen
09-14-2003, 2:28 PM
Actually, the iron she wants is a maytag and it sells for $150.00, plus all the other stuff I got her, I don't think she is making out all that bad. As for the link, they have the 12" I see, but not the 14" there, plus they have shipping charges. I was just surprised that a company would just offer me a discount like that. I hope they do it for any one else here who might need it. I think that I will be getting the bandsaw from them. with the 5% off, no shipping and no salestax it works out really nice for me. With luck, someone else here could use a good deal too.

a 150.00 iron,,,it isn't that one that you feed in the clothes and they out pressed and folded??????