PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed table just about done

Steven J Corpstein
06-13-2006, 1:45 PM
Thanks to all for the ideas to build an outfeed table. I took the liberty to show mine just about done.

I couldn't bare to drill into my saw cabinet so I designed and fabricated a no drill support system, based on my mobile base.

I plan on another 35" extension to be hinged on this part, retaining the mobility my small shop dictates.

Allen Bookout
06-13-2006, 2:03 PM
That is exactly what I need to do. Nice job! Thanks for the pictures. No one ever called me a copy cat for nothing.

Allen

Scott Loven
06-13-2006, 2:06 PM
What is the grid line on the floor from/for?

Mike Hill
06-13-2006, 2:17 PM
Steve: As you probably know I just finished an outfeed table. Just wanted to say that yours looks extremely substantial and beautifully constructed. Mine was a 2 day job :-) Although I do not have the room for that large a table, I really like the surface on it. Wood should slide right across it. What type of material is it?

Mike

Jim Becker
06-13-2006, 2:20 PM
Steve, great adaptation! I wish I made mine full width like that, too. Maybe next time! LOL! Seriously, excellent work. The support system really looks strong...you'll never get any sag, that's for sure.

Bruce Page
06-13-2006, 2:40 PM
Nice looking table Steven, it looks very sturdy. Is that the Jessem slider that I see? How do you like it?

Steven J Corpstein
06-13-2006, 3:13 PM
Mike, the surface material is Wilsonart (plastic laminate like Formica which is another brand name) I got at Menard's

Bruce, yes it is a Jessem slider and I absolutely love it. Dead accurate.

Scott, the gridline on the floor is the discoloration on the concrete from the tile I peeled off several years ago. This garage was once my Father's bulk mailing business when I was a kid. Tiling was 30 years old and coming loose.

glenn bradley
06-13-2006, 3:45 PM
Oh! My eyes! I'm blind; your shop is just so darn clean! Just kidding, I like to keep my work area tidy as well but, my garage is soooo darn ugly compared to yours; SoCal builders get to use open studs but there is drywall in my future.

Table looks great. You'll really enjoy the confidence that a larger surface allows.

JIm McMullen
06-13-2006, 8:24 PM
Steve-
That's a darn nice job you did there! Might have to try to 'steal' a little from you if that's OK.
Jim

Steven J Corpstein
06-13-2006, 8:34 PM
I stole from everybody else to build mine.

Larry Cooke
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Steve,

Great job on that table! You have a very nice setup there. One question, I noticed three hinges on the backside, are you planning to extend it further?

Larry

Steven J Corpstein
06-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Yes Larry that is the next step. I will extend it with another 35" x 60" table that will hang down just short of the floor so the saw will remain mobile. I am just waiting until I get my duct work done for the new Pro 1500 that shows in the background.

Larry Cooke
06-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Steve, it all makes sense now. I was thinking that it looked a bit short for an extension table, but with what you're planning it's actually going to be longer than would be otherwise.

Well, not only a great job but a great design too. I'd borrow this idea from you if I wasn't going to build an assembly/extension table behind my saw. If I had an extension I wouldn't have room for an assembly table (tight on space.)

Thanks for sharing!

Larry