PDA

View Full Version : Air Crash in Arkansas

Vaughn McMillan
06-13-2006, 6:25 AM
This just in:

Arkansas' worst air disaster in history occurred yesterday when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane, piloted by two Arkansas University students, crashed into a cemetery. Search and Rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so far and expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.

The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts.

- Vaughn

Keith Starosta
06-13-2006, 7:22 AM
WOW! :eek:

A blatent slam against our Arkansas Brethren! You boys gonna take that lying down?!

:D

- Keith

Mark Cothren
06-13-2006, 8:43 AM
Hey, we just consider the (left coast) source...:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Mark Pruitt
06-13-2006, 8:45 AM
I read the same story, except the students were Texas A&M.:eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-13-2006, 8:59 AM
Those doggone turners have been turning exotics again.......Next John Hart will chime in after spraying some lacquer!

Frank Fusco
06-13-2006, 9:17 AM
From California and you slam another state? :eek: You gotta be a masochist. Oops, yep, yer from California. Figures. Land of fruits and nuts.
I've always been curious, do those people who build million dollar houses high on mud banks stand on the porch while watching the house fall down the hillside? :confused:

Dennis Peacock
06-13-2006, 9:45 AM
Good one Vaughn. Now I gotta go rest from all that digging. :p :D

Andy Hoyt
06-13-2006, 9:52 AM
WOW! :eek:

A blatent slam against our Arkansas Brethren! You boys gonna take that lying down?! :D - Keith

I wonder.... is it safe to assume that all cemeteries in Arkansas are family plots?

Scott Coffelt
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Coroner says it will take months to ID the victims remains. :p :rolleyes: :D They also are trying to track down next of kin, but that can't seem to locate him.

Vaughn McMillan
06-13-2006, 1:31 PM
When I saw the original joke, the plane was from Alabama, but I figured I'd get more of a reaction here if I made it from Arkysaw (using Dennis' spelling).

Nice addition to the news story, Scott. :p

- Vaughn

Ken Salisbury
06-13-2006, 1:37 PM
When I saw the original joke, the plane was from Alabama, but I figured I'd get more of a reaction here if I made it from Arkysaw (using Dennis' spelling).

- Vaughn

It is a good thing you didn't. I would have been forced to delete the thread. :) :D :p

Lee DeRaud
06-13-2006, 1:42 PM
Oops, yep, yer from California. Figures. Land of fruits and nuts.
I've always been curious, do those people who build million dollar houses high on mud banks stand on the porch while watching the house fall down the hillside? :confused:Well, it's a pretty dry area, so we have to take our houses to the water: we can't just sit on our butts waiting for the river to come to us like they do back east.:cool:

Mark Cothren
06-13-2006, 1:55 PM
I've only visited Californication once in my lifetime... and that was twice too many...

I am just kidding (no I'm not) since I have relatives (distant... verrrry distant) that live there.

I'm just a plain ol' undignified, unsophisticated, uneducated Arky... they wouldn't let me out of the state if I tried... I had to tunnel under the fence just to visit Travis in MS...

Scott Coffelt
06-13-2006, 2:59 PM

- Vaughn

I do what I can with what I have.

Larry Klaaren
06-13-2006, 4:31 PM
New flash: Leads have gone cold in the efforts to locate the next of kin. They have decided to close the cases.

Larry

Jim Hager
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Being an Arkansan with a tendancy to take exception to those kinds of comments, I feel it is my civic duty to point out that all the trees in the western part of the U.S. lean towards the west because Californians suck:D .:rolleyes: I know I know that is an old one but I ain't got anything better right now.:o

Loy Hawes
06-14-2006, 5:10 AM
If a man and wife from Arkansas get a divorce are they still brother and sister?

:D :D

Christopher K. Hartley
06-14-2006, 9:31 AM
Being an Arkansan with a tendancy to take exception to those kinds of comments, I feel it is my civic duty to point out that all the trees in the western part of the U.S. lean towards the west because Californians suck:D .:rolleyes: I know I know that is an old one but I ain't got anything better right now.:o

Darn! all this time I thought they were leaning west to get away from Andy and his chainsaw.

Lee DeRaud
06-14-2006, 10:23 AM
I feel it is my civic duty to point out that all the trees in the western part of the U.S. lean towards the west because Californians suck:D .:rolleyes:I thought it was because of all the hot air coming out of Texas.:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to main event of the Evening!

And in the blue corner...........We have the Arkies.........defending their Southern honor

And in the red corner.............We have the Californians...defending their right to BE.......................

Ding.....

:D :D :D :D :D

Andy Hoyt
06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
I thought it was because of all the hot air coming out of Texas.:cool:

The hot air coming out of Texas is a direct result of all cold air in Wisconsin being sucked into the abyss.

Dennis Peacock
06-14-2006, 1:34 PM
ok folks........enough poking at each others states.

Let's stop this before it gets out of control.

duke bryant
06-15-2006, 7:22 AM
Actually this is one of those cases of misinformation, kind of a confusion between two seperate stories, that sometimes happens when one has only one manual typewriter to put out the weekly newspaper.

Apparently on further examination these two U of A pilots just happened to be flying over a work that was already in progress, and when they went in for a closer look, the small plane crashed. Once it was determined that they had survived the crash, the party already on the ground (democrat party) requested their assistance in the polling of their strongest voting group. Unfortunately since the two pilots were Political science majors they felt it if one is to elicit votes from the dead, they can't merely be ascertained from their headstones, one must dig them up to verify that the republicans haven't already garnered their support.

Duke

I have a degree From the University of Arkansas, so don't flame me for talking about stuff I don't know about. And my Room mate for all 4 years of my time in Fayetteville was a political science major.

Frank Fusco
06-16-2006, 9:47 AM
If a man and wife from Arkansas get a divorce are they still brother and sister?

:D :D

Dunno. But in California, they are still brother and brother.