PDA

View Full Version : Not sure

Keith Christopher
06-12-2006, 6:24 PM
If this has been discussed before ( don't remember a thread) but I LOVE the sorby spindlemaster ! If you haven't tried one, WOWZA this thing is SO SO nice and easy to sharpen. I now use only one tool to go from square to near finished. This thing is sweet.

Blake McCully
06-12-2006, 7:39 PM
Keith,
Glad it's working for you. All I've been able to do with mine is to take up space in my tool rack. You are right about the ease of sharpening, at least I can do that.

I'm going to give it another try tomorrow or Wednesday, see if I can do anything with it. Of course, a poor craftsman blames his tools. I'm not blaming that one since I can't seem to use it:confused: .

Ken Fitzgerald
06-12-2006, 8:19 PM
Keith........you're the 2nd person I've heard say they like that tool as they can go from square to finished project with just that tool!

Corey Hallagan
06-12-2006, 8:53 PM
Keith, are you talking primarily pen turning as well? Just curious.

Corey

Keith Christopher
06-12-2006, 9:11 PM
Keith, are you talking primarily pen turning as well? Just curious.

Corey

I liked the larger one so much I bought the midi one for pen turning. Sad to say my fav tool (skew chisel) now sits in the tool rest and I reach for this one. I can hone and be turning in like 4 minutes. First do a bevel rub then twist about 20-30deg and lift up on the handle until it bites then move in the direction of the cut. Use one and you'll see this is an amazing tool. Like a skew cut without the potential catches. it's amazing how much material you can remove in a single pass. About two to three full passes and a wooden pen blank is round.

turned last night entirely with the spindel master. (ebony american classic.)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/goyde/DSC01099.jpg

Corey Hallagan
06-12-2006, 9:39 PM
Hey thanks Keith, good info. I may have to invest in one of those! That pic is awful dark or maybe just because of the Ebony. I am really becoming a fan of the Classic style pens.

Corey

Keith Christopher
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey thanks Keith, good info. I may have to invest in one of those! That pic is awful dark or maybe just because of the Ebony. I am really becoming a fan of the Classic style pens.

Corey

No it's just dark because I took a bad photo of it.