PDA

View Full Version : New Outfeed Table

Mike Hill
06-12-2006, 2:54 PM
I finished my out feed table for the Grizzly saw today and thought I would pass on some pictures of the table and shop. The garage is really crowded and with the saw in the center, I have to push other machines to the side when not in use. It's workable though and now i need to build something nice.
Mike

Greg Koch
06-12-2006, 3:28 PM
Beautiful job, Mike! Real professional job. What are your plans for the "inside"? Storage? Do you have wheels on it (mostly hidden)? Small adjustable feet? What will you be finishing it with. Did you build from plans, or just design yourself?

Again, very nice table....and nice shop.

Kyle Kraft
06-12-2006, 3:29 PM
Looks really good, Mike. From way up here in MI, it looks not only useful but pretty too! I like all the underutilized storage space inside...great place for some shelves and power tools.

Kyle in K'zoo

Allen Bookout
06-12-2006, 3:44 PM
Mike,

What a nice shop. Your outfeed table looks like furniture instead of a table. I sure wish that I had room for a dedicated unit. I am using my movable workbench for that application now and it is a pain.

Allen

Tim Solley
06-12-2006, 4:01 PM
Looks good Mike. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing for my outfeed table. Kinda funny, I was thinking to myself, "Self, that looks just like my shop. The neighborhood, the garage, everything." Then I looked at your location and saw that we're both in Round Rock. Who'd a thunk it. Where are you located in RR?

I'm just south of Louis Henna Blvd myself, a bit east of the Dell complex behind the HEB.

Tim

Mike Hill
06-12-2006, 4:09 PM
Beautiful job, Mike! Real professional job. What are your plans for the "inside"? Storage? Do you have wheels on it (mostly hidden)? Small adjustable feet? What will you be finishing it with. Did you build from plans, or just design yourself?

Again, very nice table....and nice shop.

Thanks Greg: It has hidden feet under the base, no wheels. Adjustable from the top with a screw driver. I do plan on building at l;east a shelf and maybe a divider for more strength. Got the idea from book called "Building Woodshop Workstations" by Danny Proulx. A lot of other great ideas in the book and he keeps it simple for new guys like myself (well, actually old guy, but new to this) Not sure if I am going to put a finish on, but if I do it will be something simple. Varnish or wipe on poly.

Mike Hill
06-12-2006, 4:14 PM
Looks good Mike. That's exactly what I'm planning on doing for my outfeed table. Kinda funny, I was thinking to myself, "Self, that looks just like my shop. The neighborhood, the garage, everything." Then I looked at your location and saw that we're both in Round Rock. Who'd a thunk it. Where are you located in RR?

I'm just south of Louis Henna Blvd myself, a bit east of the Dell complex behind the HEB.

Tim

Tim: Nice to hear from you and interesting that these TX homes look pretty much the same. Stop by and see the out feed table. Will accept any suggestions to improve it! Just give me a call first, I am usually in the shop. 512-585-2800. We live in Stone Oak off of 1431 about 2 1/2 miles from I-35. Right next to The big quarry "Texas Crushed Stone". Get to hear a little blasting once or twice a day :)
Mike

Mike Hill
06-12-2006, 4:20 PM
Looks really good, Mike. From way up here in MI, it looks not only useful but pretty too! I like all the underutilized storage space inside...great place for some shelves and power tools.

Kyle in K'zoo

Kyle: Hope your weather in Kalamazoo is cooler than ours. We use to have a cottage at Croton Pond, 30 miles NW of Grand Rapids. It is nearing 100 here today and will be there from now until the fall. Definitely going to build shelves for my routers, circular saw, jig saw, nail guns etc. etc. etc. Then I want to get rid of some of the shelving in the garage and set the tools in a permanent place.

Mike

Jerry Olexa
06-12-2006, 6:01 PM
Looks good and safe and stable...

Art Davis
06-12-2006, 8:47 PM
Mike,

Nice outfeed table. I'd be interested in details of that "screwdriver height adjustment." Been looking for an adjustable height outfeed table scheme, but so far haven't found anything other than the hydraulic lift table in another thread.

Allen Bookout
06-12-2006, 9:09 PM
Mike,
I'd be interested in details of that "screwdriver height adjustment."

Myself included! Allen

Mike Hill
06-13-2006, 8:44 AM
quote=Art Davis]Mike,

Nice outfeed table. I'd be interested in details of that "screwdriver height adjustment." Been looking for an adjustable height outfeed table scheme, but so far haven't found anything other than the hydraulic lift table in another thread.[/quote]

Art and Allen: Here are a couple of pictures of the legs and adjustment. So simple I am embarrased to show it, but they really work great and adjustment is extremely easy. I purchased them from Rockler and they were very inexpensive. BTW, if you look closely you can see one of my "mistakes", cabinet screws extending into the area I needed to drill out :mad: I just backed them out to drill the holes and since the entire cabinet is glued and screwed, not a problem.
Mike
40723 40724