PDA

View Full Version : Kinda Dumb Question...

Chris Bjornen
06-12-2006, 2:16 PM
Hi, I'm working as a engraver and laser operator in Norway.And got a rather dumb question from a friend of my....that i could'nt really give a answer on..But here it is:

Is it possible to use the laser on the laserengraving machine to get a tattoo on the arm?:o
He then added..Because its possible to engrave with laser on leather why not skin??

Any ideas what i should answer??:cool:

Since i'm new here don't be to hard on me...Im really happy to find a forum that intrest's my jobb and my hobbies and my future problems...Keep up the good work guys!!:D

Gary Shoemake
06-12-2006, 2:34 PM
On another forum, someone tried it and it really branded the skin instead of a tatoo. However, you must realize that to do this the safety mechanisms have to be defeated. I guess it comes down to your tolerance to pain and the smell of burning flesh. I certainly wouldn't try or recommend it.:mad: :mad: :mad:

tod evans
06-12-2006, 2:38 PM
man! here`s a whole new venue; body art using tools, piercing by nailgun, tatoos by lazer or gas welder your choice, amputation with hand or power tools.........NOT!!!!!

Chris Bjornen
06-12-2006, 3:01 PM
he he, that's what i thought too...I guess that somebody also would say: Power:20 and Speed:100 .....:cool:

And i hope i'm not sick when i say that i would like to see the finish of the arm of the guy that did it...:p

Mike Mackenzie
06-12-2006, 3:27 PM
We actually had a girl come in and ask us if we could remove a tattoo. Our first question was WHERE IS THE TATTOO. :)

Michael Wells
06-12-2006, 3:40 PM
Hehehee With a few strategically placed mirrors, I can tattoo the neighbors cat and let you know how that worked!!!

Joe Pelonio
06-12-2006, 4:47 PM
We actually had a girl come in and ask us if we could remove a tattoo. Our first question was WHERE IS THE TATTOO. :)
That would make the old sitting on the copier trick look pretty tame!!:eek:

By the way, on some of them like mine, you could take off the side and insert an arm into it, but there are serious liabilty issues since I imagine 45 watts would be enough to cut into the bone. Chris, just say no!

Bruce Volden
06-12-2006, 6:17 PM
I once lasered (actually twice) a wart on my wifes finger:eek: !! First time I gave it low power, she said something about "bee stings". A week later I throttled it up to about 60% power @ 10% speed. I had a hole in aluminum foil to define the wart area. Big chicken couldn't stand the pain, smelled alot like engraving antler........:rolleyes: Still has the wart, will try "beetle juice" next I guess.

Bruce

Joe Pelonio
06-12-2006, 6:36 PM
Well hopefully your wife wouldn't sue you. . .

Pat Kearney
06-13-2006, 10:05 PM
A few months ago I spoke with a guy at a company that sold the Universal Versalaser and he told me he just sold a laser to a local restaurant who used it to laser engrave their logo in to the top of steaks. I don't recall if he said it was before or after they were cooked. One of these days I may try laser engraving something romantic on a steak for my wife but I can I can gurantee you I will not try laser engraving "I love you honey" on my arm anytime in the near future :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rodne Gold
06-14-2006, 3:16 AM
I have heard of a story where someone uses a laser to engrave patterns on womans fingernails - a bit risky if you ask me , however just posting this gives me an idea , I think the artificial nails beauticians use are made of acrylic , they surely could be engraved?

Dean Flannery
06-14-2006, 8:54 AM
I had a guy ask me if I could do laser surgery on his eyes !
I'm not sure if he was serious or not, I told him if he was brave enough to stick his head in my machine I would give it a try, NOT!!