PDA

View Full Version : Lathe Gloat

David Plaskett
09-11-2003, 8:16 PM
Just got back from Ken Salisbury's place in Huntsville, AL where I picked up a jet 1236 lathe that he sold me at the Arkansas BBQ. My brother-in-law went with me and after a few wrong turns(brother-in-law is not good navigator) we finally arrived at the Old Rebel Workshop. Ken was sitting in shop nursing a BL and admiring his big new Jet Lathe. It is really a hoss.

After touring the shop and his lumber stashes, and admiring his inventory of pens and other craft items, we loaded up the lathe and headed back to Tennessee. Oh yes, we did have a cold BL.

Thanks Ken for a great time and for the great turning blanks you gave me. And again "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

ps: I did see the bowl that blew up at the Arkansas BBQ. Ken put it all back together and turned it down really thin. Looks great.

Jim Becker
09-11-2003, 9:09 PM
Congratulations! And welcome to the addiction... :D

Lee Patz
09-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi Dave,
I knew you were hooked when you hung around the Lathe at Terry's all day. You got a great lathe and I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Have fun and turn safe,
Lee

Bob Lasley
09-12-2003, 12:04 AM
Lathe, lathe, lathe.........turn, turn, turn........bowl, bowl, bowl........that's all I hear around here anymore. Doesn't anyone do flat work anymore? :D I'm going to have to rebuild my old lathe so I'll have something in common with you folks!

Congrats on the lathe David, I know you will enjoy it.

Not turning in Tulsa.................yet,
Bob

Bobby Hatfield
09-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Lathe, lathe, lathe.........turn, turn, turn........bowl, bowl, bowl........that's all I hear around here anymore. Doesn't anyone do flat work anymore? :D I'm going to have to rebuild my old lathe so I'll have something in common with you folks!

Congrats on the lathe David, I know you will enjoy it.

Not turning in Tulsa.................yet,
Bob

Hey Bob, how about a set of cabinet doors and a set of red oak stair treads, they flat enough for you ? Flat workers too busy to post, just have time for a bite of lunch and back to work. Just got a call to plane a load of something for a project for another retired woodworker.