PDA

View Full Version : Website update - turnings etc.

Adam Howard
06-12-2006, 8:07 AM
This may belong in the OT category, but.......

My turnings website got a bit of a polishing up, thanks to my nephew, who does some free-lance work. I think it's some fine design work! Sure much better than I could have done in my technological ignorance.

Take a look if you wish.
http://fineamericancraft.com/index.html (http://fineamericancraft.com/index.html)

All constructive comments are welcome. In fact, I'd like comments, so we can make it better. Still working on much of the text, but this at least gets something better out there.

Keith Burns
06-12-2006, 8:33 AM
Nice site Adam, looks good!

Tim Solley
06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Site looks great Adam. However, when you click on a picture and a popup window opens, the images don't show up. You've got some broken URLs.

The woodwork is great too.

Tim

Bernie Weishapl
06-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Excellent looking site Adam. Your work looks mighty fine. Thanks for sharing.

Doug Thompson
06-12-2006, 2:40 PM
It's very well done, your nephew is a good designer. I've always thought your work was first rate and it shows on the site. The pictures are colorful and stand out against the gray background.

No step stools anymore?

Good job,
Doug

Gary DeWitt
06-12-2006, 5:44 PM
Nice work. On the items that sold, did they sell over the internet, or in some other setting?
Just to let you know, I use Firefox (Mozilla) browser, and the pop up enlargements don't show up for me either. When I switch to internet explorer (the microsoft "product" with all the security holes built right in!) I have no trouble seeing the enlargements.

Dick Parr
06-12-2006, 6:17 PM
Very nice site Adam. Looks great.

Corey Hallagan
06-12-2006, 8:38 PM
Nice site Adam!

Corey

Ernie Nyvall
06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
I like the site Adam and your woodwork looks great.

Ernie

Jim Ketron
06-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Looks good Adam!
Good luck with it!

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
06-13-2006, 1:33 AM
Very nice, but like Tim said, most of the links to pics I tried did not work.

Cheers!

Adam Howard
06-13-2006, 8:15 AM
Thanks folks for the nice comments. My nephew was super nice to do this for me, and all he asked was a link at the bottom giving credit for the work.

I did send him a pepper mill set, but that wasn't nearly enough for the amount of work he put into it.

I've fired off a couple questions to him that maybe he can address about the popups not working with other browsers. The links are there correctly, but there may be some code compatibility problems with the other browser. I dunno... maybe find out.

Gary, The products that sold are probably 75-80% internet sales and ebay. My local sales are low. Most of my work goes to CA, AZ, TX, NY, NJ, and one super customer in KY.

Jim Becker
06-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Adam, the site looks outstanding.

Mark Cothren
06-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Looks great to me, Adam!

Adam Howard
06-14-2006, 1:02 PM
I've fixed (I think) some of the popup links... They should work for Firefox users on the bowl pages, and the gallery page. Will update the others tonight, I hope.

If anybody else there is running firefox and wants to check, that would be great.

Also..... are the cart buttons showing up?

Thanks folks!!

Gary DeWitt
06-15-2006, 2:18 PM
Looks like all the pop-ups are now enlarging well in firefox, except the page with the pepper mills. Nice photography too. Cart buttons are there and functional as well. Nice that they take you directly to Pay Pal.
Thanks for the info on sales, Adam.