PDA

View Full Version : Curious about the PC 8529...

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-11-2003, 6:45 PM
...is it just Home Depot clearing them out or has PC discontinued it? And if PC has given up on it, is it because they simply never recovered from the 7529 fiasco?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

KC

Gene Collison
09-11-2003, 7:56 PM
...is it just Home Depot clearing them out or has PC discontinued it? And if PC has given up on it, is it because they simply never recovered from the 7529 fiasco?

Inquiring minds wanna know...

KC

What did you see on the 8529 at HD? JOOC!

Gene

Scott Coffelt
09-11-2003, 9:16 PM
I don't know, but from what I can see it looks to be one heck of a unit. Built solid, great features. Unless you see Amazon and others dumping them, then I think it is just HD rotating stock. The drills are being repleced with Ridgid. It may just be that they don't sell that many and display space is a premium. Keep in mind they also push Ryobi as one of their top two brands. For me, I am glad they decided to clerance them, I now have 4 routers and that may not be enough.

Jim Becker
09-11-2003, 9:51 PM
I got the impression from a fellow at another forum who actually works for PC that this was a Home Depot thing...regardless, it's a great deal, as that model is greatly improved in the areas that were a problem with the 7529 but still has the same comfortable feel in your hand.