PDA

View Full Version : Score #2

Kelly C. Hanna
06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I have been painfully absent due to me working on the new toy/work truck I got after selling the Elky SS.

I got a 1970 CST/10 Chevy truck. Paid only $3k for it, then had to put in an extra $1200 right away to undue some PO nonsense. Got all that done then went to change the valve covers and found out.....IT'S A NUMBERS MATCHING TRUCK!

For those not familiar with this term it means instead of it being worth around $4200, it's possible that I could get as much as $7k for it! Call me happy.

The doors close better than any new car....just barely push with your pinky and they shut. All body panels are original and unabused. I feel like I won the truck lotto!!

Normally, I would point you to a website for pics, but the people who host my auto site just went out of business...so no pics.

Jim Becker
06-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Com'mon Kelly...upload a pic to SMC! After all, the truck doesn't exist with out one! ;) :D

John Miliunas
06-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Com'mon Kelly...upload a pic to SMC! After all, the truck doesn't exist with out one! ;) :D

Yeah, what Jim said!!! :D Let's see that beast! :) :cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
OK found one on the hard drive that hasn't made it to CD yet....Jeeze, you guys sound like Tyler!

John Miliunas
06-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Wow, Kelly...That thing looks to be in cherry condition!!! Nice score, indeed! :) Be sure to post up some detail pics when you get the chance! :) :cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
06-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Will do John , thanks. I actually have three webpages on the truck now, but they are in limbo with the site down for good. I will have to refab the whole site and upload to a new server. I'll drop a line in this thread when i get it all done. Looks like my HWW site will have to be moved as well.

I shoulda been a fireman, I am always putting out fires!

Martin Shupe
06-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Nice truck, Kelly, but could you explain a little more what the "numbers matching" is all about?

I am not smart about cars, but it sounds like a good story. Please tell it.

Steve Ash
06-12-2006, 7:28 AM
Great Score Kelly, I always liked that body style. I can imagine your excitement finding it to be #'s matching.....that makes it a steal! Remember, "drive it like you stole it". :D

Tyler Howell
06-12-2006, 8:37 AM
OK found one on the hard drive that hasn't made it to CD yet....Jeeze, you guys sound like Tyler!
That's not a bad thing Kelly.
And that's a beauti:cool: .

Al Willits
06-12-2006, 8:43 AM
Martin, numbers matching means its all original parts usually, no aftermarket stuff replacing oem (original equiptment manufactur) parts.

Its a good thing for those who collect cars.

Al

Dave Richards
06-12-2006, 9:10 AM
Nice truck Kelly. So is that going to be your wood hauler? :D

Jim Becker
06-12-2006, 9:41 AM
"Wow" is right...that's in pristine condition! Nice!

Charlie Plesums
06-12-2006, 9:59 AM
Sorry, Kelly. A truck like that can't be used for work. It might get dinged up. Now you need a work truck. And a garage to protect this one from the Texas sun. Too bad it turned out to be number matched... now you have to preserve it. ;)

Byron Trantham
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Kelly, very nice truck! Man you gotta be pleased with this find.

tod evans
06-12-2006, 10:59 AM
nice newer model truck kelly;)

Jim O'Dell
06-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Very nice, Kelly. Color scheme is ethe exact to my dad's 76 he finally sold about 7 years ago. It had been repainted, though.
Really wood hauler you found yourself. Jim.

Kelly C. Hanna
06-12-2006, 7:28 PM
Yes, it will be the wood hauler. Classics are meant to be driven, there will be no garage queens in my yard [no garage anyway]. The paint is not as good as it looks, but will get better. We're going to spray the white [not factory] silver tomorrow and install a new Edelbrock Performer manifold and carb. The originals are valuable, but not practical for a driver. Quadrajets are troublesome [not unlike Holleys] and the Edelbrocks are virtually bulletproof.

I am not much of a restorer or classics as I am a 'restifier'. I like keeping the body stock, but after the block and heads I tend to modify a bit. Headers, carb, maniflold and most other exoskeletal members are fair game to change for better mileage and driveability.

This truck is going to be a work/toy until I can get a real toy down the road. In the meantime, the engine will remain as is internally to retain it's value.

Yep, I am tickled to have found this jewel in the rough. It needs a few things to be smooth and I am whittling them down fast. Next up after this round will be front disc brakes and HD shocks all around [to haul more wood back from Mike Mastin's place]....:D:D:D

Larry Norton
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Kelly, looks really nice for a Shovey!:D

Kelly C. Hanna
06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Good one Larry! I've not heard that one before...:D