PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Jet 15 inch planer

Lewis Perry
06-11-2006, 8:24 PM
Last week I posted a question about the price of a Jet 15 inch floor model planer. I went ahead and bought it for $500 with an extra set of freshly sharpened knives. Picked it up Friday--cleaned some Formica glue off it--installed the fresh knives on it--runs great--looks great--I'm happy! It didn't have the knife setting jig with it. I have a cabinet building buddy about 2 blocks away who has the same planer and he brought his jig over and helped me change knives. Do I need to order the Jet jig or an after market knife setting jig??? I haven't checked on the Jet jig but I suppose one could be ordered.

Bruce Page
06-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Perry, congrats on the Jet, I think you got a good deal. Get yourself a set of Planer Pals for setting the knifes. If the Jet jig is like the Powermatic, (likely) it is pure junk.

Mike Cutler
06-12-2006, 8:19 AM
Lewis.

Nice gloat on the planer. Congrats, but... uhh.. you kinda forgot the picture. I'd hate to see ya' get in trouble with the Pic Police.;)

The jet knife setter is, to be kind, lacking. I would get a Planer Pal, or find out what you friend used and get one of those.

Nice gloat. It's a nice machine. You got your money's worth in my opinion.