PDA

View Full Version : Pie Safe Pics # 2

Barry Bruner
06-11-2006, 1:29 PM
These are two different pie safes ,maybe you can tell a little more about them this way. They are rather tall and kinda hard to fit. Ralph I kinda let the tin panels dictate the size of the pie safe . I kept making them a little bigger, ended up with three sizes. Hope this looks a little better. Barry Bruner

Steve Beadle
06-11-2006, 2:07 PM
Beautiful job on the two pie safes! I have made a couple pie safes myself, but they were of a smaller design and out of pine. I made the "tin" panels myself, out of galvanized sheet metal and using various on-hand items for punches. Your pie safes are very classy. Did you purchase panels already punched?

Also, you mentioned making the pie safes bigger, to accommodate the size of the panels. Does that mean you were using a pie safe plan, but you modified the plan accordingly?

One final question: what are you planning to store in the pie safes?

Steve

lou sansone
06-11-2006, 4:19 PM
very nice. I like the fan pattern on the tin. what kind of pies are you putting in there :)
best wishes
lou

Barry Bruner
06-11-2006, 4:23 PM
Thanks Steve, I didn`t punch my tin, I had to do four and I would still be punching. Wife put canned goods in one and tapes in the other, kids wanted the last two. I saw an antique one and the stiles were 1 1/2, my stiles were 2 1/4, rails 3 1/2 and the sides of face frame 3 1/2. I hardly ever go by plans ,If it looks good I try to keep a similar scale. Put your pics on, I would enjoy seeing them. Woody1

Corey Hallagan
06-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Very nice work!! They both look great!

Corey

Bruce Page
06-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Beautiful job on the pie safes Barry. Great pic's too!

Vaughn McMillan
06-12-2006, 2:26 AM
The pie safes look great, and the new pic really help show them off. Way to go.

- Vaughn