PDA

View Full Version : Mag base lights

Jeff Horton
06-11-2006, 11:26 AM
I have been looking for a light to go on my lathe for a while now. Just not willing to pay $100 Moffit(?) light. I found some magnetic based goose neck Delta lamps on Ebay. These are NOS lights, no idea how old they are. But they are just what I was looking for. Apparently this fellow has a bunch of them and now that I have mine ;) I though I would pass it on.

Just search Ebay for Delta Magnetic Base Work Tool Flexible Light and you should find them.

Reed Gray
06-11-2006, 6:04 PM
Moffit lamp with magnetic base, about $68 from Craft Supplies. The thing I like best about it is that it has a 2 foot long bendable neck (you can also use a 100 watt bulb in it).This was something that I missed because the picture don't show it on a lathe. For my PM, this extra length is very handy, where I had problems with the smaller magnetic lamps with 12 inch necks. They just wouldn't reach. Get rough duty bulbs for the lamp. Normal ones will vibrate to death in a day or three if you turn bowls.
robo hippy

John Shuk
06-11-2006, 8:13 PM
The Tool Nut was selling those Delta lights for $19.99 when I bought a couple. Might want to contact them via the website. There are nicer light fixtures out there but they do come with a price increase. A longer neck would be nice though.

Chris Barton
06-11-2006, 8:45 PM
Moffit lamp with magnetic base, about $68 from Craft Supplies. The thing I like best about it is that it has a 2 foot long bendable neck (you can also use a 100 watt bulb in it).This was something that I missed because the picture don't show it on a lathe. For my PM, this extra length is very handy, where I had problems with the smaller magnetic lamps with 12 inch necks. They just wouldn't reach. Get rough duty bulbs for the lamp. Normal ones will vibrate to death in a day or three if you turn bowls.
robo hippy

Actually, it available for $54.99 from CSUSA. I have 4 of the Delta work lights and they are crap. All are less than 2 years old and one has quit working completely and another has a significant short that makes the light blink...