PDA

View Full Version : He shoots, He scores......

Scott Coffelt
09-11-2003, 10:44 AM
If you have not heard and from scanning the posts, I don't see that anyone has mentioned it on this forum. HD is marking down several Dewalt drills and the PC 8529 2HPVS Router.... $100. This is over $100 savings on each model.

I picked up two routers here in Olathe (KC), Kansas and Jack Diemer picked me up a 12V XRP Dewalt cordless. Could have had the 18 volt or 14 volt regular (3/8") models, but I already have one of the 12's so it will be nice to have the same batteries.

Get them while they are hot.

BTW, I got a peak at the new Ridgid cordless drills last night. They are kind of burnt orange/rust colored. Look like they are built nice and will run about the same price as the Dewalts ($220-260).

Man, I love these forums, good conversation and insights into major scores for those who act fast.

Don Farr
09-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up Scott. I will stop by today after work and check it out.

Pete Jacobsen
09-11-2003, 12:33 PM
I stopped by our local HD last night and they were already out of the PC 8529 routers, so I asked the manager if he would sell the display model, he said sure and he also knocked off another 10% since it was a display.
Both collets were with the router but no case or wrenches. I already own a PC 7518 and the wrenches fit it, I also was able to print off the manual from the PC website so I am set. Not bad for $90.

Dave Avery
09-11-2003, 2:51 PM
The Manchester HD had 2 Dewalt's left after I bought one at lunch today.........

Scott Coffelt
09-11-2003, 5:34 PM
Stopped at another store at lunch today and they had their Makitas also priced at $100, I guess they weren't joking when they told me they would be having two lines (Ryobi and Ridgid). I wonder when the next line of products goes on sale?

They just had everyhting stacked up an a table as you wnet into the tool isle. Don't they know they need to keep them hidden so us forum folks can spread the word amongst ourselves.....

John Miliunas
09-11-2003, 6:11 PM
First, thanks for the heads up. Stopped at our HD, here in Madison and I managed to score, but not as high as hoped. I only found the PC display unit. It did have both collets, so that's good, but nothing else. I also had to "fight" for the 10% discount on the display. Then, when I inquired about the Dewalt, they claimed "no knowledge" about it. I even had the Service Desk call the manager and he simply said that yes, they were "discontinuing" them, but NOT at a closeout price. Huh? I even called HD Customer Support to inquire as to why several other stores around the country are doing it, but this particular one doesn't. I was told (courteously, BTW) that's not unusual, because often the pricing is dictated by the market area.

Really doesn't make sense to me on name-brand stuff, especially when said items rarely differ by more than five or ten percent, from one end of the Country to the other. Fact is, I've noticed that, when I check numerous HD "specials" people gloat about on tool forums, they are non-existent at our HD. Personally, due to that fact, I typically don't even shop the HD, unless I can verify a "special". When the one came to Madison a couple years ago, they were fantastic in both, product and Customer Service. Now, you're lucky to get a store assistant who knows the difference between a cordless drill and a chain saw! But, at least, I was able to get the router. Looks like a nice unit, to boot. That means I can relegate both my 3+hp routers to tables and keep this one for free-hand! :cool:

Lloyd Robins
09-12-2003, 10:03 AM
I am really happy for all of us that have gotten great prices on high quality machine, but what does this say for those of us that have no other resources in town for equipment. I am sorry that HD has decided to reduce their tool section. Their service seems to have suffered recently, too. I guess that I will not be visiting them as much.

Mark Hulette
09-12-2003, 4:54 PM
I've been looking for a nice plunge router for handheld work that accomodates the PC guide bushings and was going to "settle" for a 690. With this deal you've got plunge PLUS variable speed!!

Now this is a gloat!!!

Thanks for the heads-up!!

BTW- the HD here in Frankfort has about 4 or 5 8529s left in boxes plus the display unit.