PDA

View Full Version : HoustonFREE PECAN WOOD update with pics

Ernie Nyvall
06-09-2006, 7:54 PM
Saturday 6/10 @ 0900, I am going into Houston to get some pecan wood. The tree fell in a wind storm and all the little brush from the tree has already been cleaned up and hauled away, so what is left is the trunk and some big limbs. There is probably more than what three pickups could haul fully loaded, so there is plenty of wood as I am not interested in a full load.

If anyone would like to meet me there and get some, let me know and I'll pm the directions. You don't have to be there that early, but as long as you get there before I leave. You'll have my ph# to make sure before you come. I have a big enough chain saw, so you don't have to bring one, but bring one if you want. I don't take dibs on any particular part of the tree... I figure we can split it all.

One thing... This is not my wood, so if any of you are inclined to make something for the donor, not that I've met a turner who doesn't, that would be the house owner. Actually it would be kind of cool if they received a little something from several, for they have asked for nothing. It would be like a turner bomb.

Oh yea, the general area of Houston where the wood is, is about a mile north of the northeast loop I610.

Ernie

Christopher K. Hartley
06-09-2006, 9:09 PM
Ernie I'm in!! just PM me the address and time you will be arriving.:)

Ernie Nyvall
06-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Running this back up the flag pole.:D

Bernie Weishapl
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Ernie I sure wish I was closer. :mad: Boy now that is a haul of wood.

Lee DeRaud
06-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Some of this will end up in the blank exchange, won't it? (hint, hint)

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Some of this will end up in the blank exchange, won't it? (hint, hint)

Sure thing Lee.

Ernie

Barry Stratton
06-10-2006, 4:13 AM
Can your northern "buddies" buy a piece or two if they pay postage?????

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2006, 6:58 AM
Can your northern "buddies" buy a piece or two if they pay postage?????

Sure Barry, but just paying postage will be fine.

Ernie

Brad Schmid
06-10-2006, 2:45 PM
Now that's an absolute bummer! Here I am sitting in Grenoble in the French Alps and you guys are home haulin' wood. I miss out on all the fun:(

Oh well, I'll have to suffer through it and catch up with y'all next time;)

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2006, 4:45 PM
Now that's an absolute bummer! Here I am sitting in Grenoble in the French Alps and you guys are home haulin' wood. I miss out on all the fun:(

Oh well, I'll have to suffer through it and catch up with y'all next time;)

Now that's a turnuer for you. In the French Alps and looking in on SMC turner forum....Well well well, I just feel so terrible for you Brad. NOT:D

Ernie

Christopher K. Hartley
06-10-2006, 6:14 PM
Thanks to Ernie, a GREAT DAY TODAY!!! Lets see, HOT!, SWEAT, DIRTY, HEAVY,and in spite of all that Good FRIENDS...Good CONVERSATION...Good FUN with more STUFF LEARNED. Oh, I almost forgot..."NOT"...WOOD, Lots and lots of WOOD!!! Thanks Ernie, for a great day!!!:D :D :D I should add a big thanks to Cecil as well. We had a great time. Thanks Cecil!!

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2006, 8:13 PM
You got that right Chris. It was a great day. I really appreciate you and Cecil showing up. Here's my haul... not out of the truck yet and I thought LOML had taken care of that already. Gonna have to talk to her about that... oops, here she comes.... quiet.:eek:

I was a little under on my estimation... there are probably 2 more truck loads there. Maybe next weekend?

Ernie

Brad Schmid
06-10-2006, 9:41 PM
Hey Ernie,
good haul. Let me know if you're planning on going again next weekend, i'll be back next Friday evening.
Brad

Ernie Nyvall
06-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey Ernie,
good haul. Let me know if you're planning on going again next weekend, i'll be back next Friday evening.
Brad

Alright Brad. I'll stop by his house again this week and let him know we'll be there next weekend if it's not gone by then. Let me know when you get back. Maybe Chris and Cecil will want more too.

Ernie

Cecil Arnold
06-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Ernie and Chris, was a great time even if my old bones are not up to what they once were. Strange, LOML hasn't unloaded my truck yet either. Thanks again for the heads up Ernie, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys find in those logs.