PDA

View Full Version : Forrest WW blades on sale at Amazon

Greg Koch
06-09-2006, 4:10 PM
Thin Kerf $63.94...59% Off!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000223VR/qid=1149882485/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-5556887-6270335?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

ChopMaster for your Miter saw, $75.15, 64% Off

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000223VW/ref=sr_11_1/104-5556887-6270335?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=228013

Check them all out.

John Shuk
06-09-2006, 5:32 PM
That is a heckuva deal on the Chopmaster. I wish I could swing it but I've got a new machine coming and it is wise to restrain myself!

Russ Massery
06-09-2006, 5:41 PM
Thanks, Greg for the heads up. These a are great prices on almost all there blades. There dado 201.00.:eek:

Steve Clardy
06-09-2006, 5:59 PM
Good prices, though I gotta pass. Have to many blades now.

Oh. They also got 20 percent off and free shipping on spray guns, etc.
Just ordered another pc gun
Code PAINTS20

glenn bradley
06-09-2006, 6:23 PM
Alright Greg. So far today I'm in for Bessy clamps and now this! Just kidding. Coincidentally I was going to drive 35 miles to pay $95 for the WWII TK tomorrow. WHAT TIMING. My order is in.

Doug Shepard
06-09-2006, 6:42 PM
Didn't really need to spend any more mone at the moment but at 1/2 off I couldn't pass it up. Just ordered the 1/8" WWII. Now we'll see what all the fuss is about. I've got the Forrest Dado King but have been using an 80-tooth and 24-tooth Freud for everything else.

Jim Becker
06-09-2006, 10:08 PM
At that price, it was really easy to One-Click that thing! I now have my "spare" blade. While it's not the #6 grind, I can get that dealt with when I eventually get it sharpened.

Craig Stueve
06-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I just ordered one myself.

I almost bought a 50T Everlast combo blade when I picked up my dado set from the sharpeners shop this morning. I talked myself out of it knowing that I had spent enough on tools lately. Then I get home and this deal is staring me in the face..... How could I resist? The only bad thing is they are sold out now and mine is expected to ship in mid July. At under $64 delivered I can justify it.

Craig

Greg Koch
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I succumbed to my own post and ordered the ChopMaster for my DeWalt Miter saw. I was going to wait and get a Tenru (Miter Pro), like my TS (Gold Medal 40T), but this way I can see how the Forrest blade performs. The ChopMaster was quoted at $110 at the show we had a in April. $75 (and free 2 day shipping) is just too good.

Norman Hitt
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
I just ordered one myself.

I almost bought a 50T Everlast combo blade when I picked up my dado set from the sharpeners shop this morning. I talked myself out of it knowing that I had spent enough on tools lately. Then I get home and this deal is staring me in the face..... How could I resist? The only bad thing is they are sold out now and mine is expected to ship in mid July. At under $64 delivered I can justify it.

Craig

Well, I hope you have better luck than I had the last time they had sawblades on sale. I finally got my Freud Rip blade, but after waiting 2 1/2 mos for the WWII and then getting another extension, I cancelled it and bought a replacement M 12V, on a Day Sale, (cause the whole router that day was less than $30 more than the replacement speed control part).;)

Christopher Stahl
06-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Check out the Kreg K3 Master System, it's $111.45. I couldn't pass that up.

Jeff Horton
06-09-2006, 11:45 PM
To bad thats not a 12" with 1" arbor for my DeWalt RAS. :(

Frank Hagan
06-10-2006, 1:17 AM
Great price! I ordered the thin kerf tonight.

I loved my old one, but it threw some teeth while cutting some plastic with it (one of those times I said to myself "why did you do that?") When I bought another one, I bought the regular 1/8" kerf, and it works as well as the Freud LU-87 or whatever my other blade was. I didn't think the WWII was worth the price difference in the standard kerf. But the thin kerf was always something special, so I'm glad I can get another one for $64!

Greg Koch
06-10-2006, 1:26 AM
Jeff,

Check this out... Should be good for your RAS. $99.99 with free shipping for a 12" inch blade.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000223VX/qid=1149915809/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-5556887-6270335?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=hi&v=glance&n=228013

Here's the Forrest page on it: http://www.forrestsawblades.com/chopmaster.htm

Jim Benante
06-10-2006, 2:34 AM
Greg,

Thanks for the heads up. I had a $15 coupon from the mail and signed up for the credit card for another $30 off. Bought the chopmaster and a spare WWII. Only problem is I live in WA like you and Amazon charges tax to orders shipped to WA so that ate up the $15 coupon.

Hope it arrives before I get my deck framing in and need to make the pretty cuts for the decking and railings. My old blade is bad on the CMS.

Jim

Greg Koch
06-10-2006, 2:42 AM
Jim,

Hey neighbor...Redmond here. I wish I had known earlier, I could have put it on my order and gotten the free 2nd day shipping.....

Sounds like you will be all set with both blades... Hope too they arrive soon. I could let you have my ChopMaster blade, if you get in a bind, and you could return the one you ordered when it arrives... Mine is in process and scheduled for deliver next Wed. I'm not in that much of a pinch and I have my RAS if needed. Let me know by PM or e.mail.

Greg

Larry Cooke
06-10-2006, 3:07 AM
I'm not in that much of a pinch and I have my RAS if needed.Greg,

I've been meaning to ask you, what blade are you using in your RAS? I've been meaning to get one for mine for a while now and this seems to be the best time to do it.

Larry

Greg Koch
06-10-2006, 3:37 AM
Larry,

I got a Rigid Titinium 50T Combo... It cuts very well...surprisingly well for a $39 blade. The blade that was on it when I got it was the original Craftsman from 1983! :eek: If you use your RAS for less than very critical finish cuts, if you will, the Rigid is a pretty nice blade for the money. The cut edges are very smooth, with little splintering.

Byron Trantham
06-10-2006, 8:37 AM
Just ordered 4 Besseys and I already have the chopmaster . Can't do it now. Shoot!:rolleyes:

Tim Morton
06-10-2006, 8:51 AM
OUT of stock on the WW2....was In stock about an hour ago, and I waffled...now its gone.:mad: yes you can still order at that price.

Rick Gibson
06-10-2006, 9:44 AM
I'd buy one but of course they don't ship to Canada. Checked amazon.ca but they have nothing worth buying only books and videos. No tools or anything I would want.

Jim Becker
06-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, I succumbed to my own post and ordered the ChopMaster for my DeWalt Miter saw.

When I bought my ChopMaster about a year and a half ago...it turned my CMS into a whole new machine. The fence still is unreliable, but the cuts are now glass smooth and I actually use the machine again.

Greg Koch
06-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the info, Jim. I was wondering how it would really perform. I saw amazing things at the Seattle show a couple months ago, but that was a show...

Larry Cooke
06-10-2006, 1:01 PM
Larry,

I got a Rigid Titinium 50T Combo... It cuts very well...surprisingly well for a $39 blade.Thanks Greg. Guess I'll have a look next time I'm at HD. This would have to be better than the blade I'm using so...

Larry

craig lapiana
06-10-2006, 2:41 PM
"smooth as glass" seems to be related with the name forrest :) thanks for the tip. i just took the plunge so we shall see? i have been using the orig. delta uni blade that came with the saw and a cheap HF blade on my chop saw.

i also have been keeping an eye on the Freud SD208 8" Dado which dropped down to $76 so the HF on my radial also is getting replaced. i looked at the frued 'dial' dado but can see spending almost 4 times the amount.

with that all said a few questions:

1) which direction loosens the blade on a uni?
2) how long can you expect a quality blade to last?
3) i saw mentioned a resharpen service by forrest how does this work?

appreciate all the comments here on the creek!

Jerry Olexa
06-10-2006, 3:57 PM
Those are great prices...Too bad I already have

Bob Rufener
06-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have been wanting to get a WW II and this is the best price I have seen. I realize I may have to wait a while but I think the wait will be worth it.

Steve Evans
06-11-2006, 8:21 AM
I'd buy one but of course they don't ship to Canada. Checked amazon.ca but they have nothing worth buying only books and videos. No tools or anything I would want.

Rick

I use a shipping depot in Port Huron that charges $4/pkg to receive. I've had Amazon ship lots of stuff there over the last couple of years. If you're interested pm me and I'll give you the details.

Steve

Jim Benante
06-11-2006, 3:57 PM
Greg,

I am going to be doing my porch in Ipe so I might buy a cheap blade to dull on the Ipe then use my new Chopmaster for furniture making cuts on the CMS. I really appreciate the offer. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Thanks again for the heads up on the blades.

Jim

Scott Vigder
06-11-2006, 4:33 PM
I was ready to send in my WWII for resharpening, but at this price why not have two?? For $64 including shipping it really does not matter how long they take to ship it. Thanks for the heads-up!

Greg Koch
06-11-2006, 6:17 PM
OK, of those that have/purchased the Forrest WW, did you buy the standard kerf or the thin kerf?

If you bought the standard kerf, do you still use a stiffener?

These Q & A's are probably covered on other threads, but for those who have not yet ordered/thinking of ordering one...it might help in the decision.

Thanks.

Craig Stueve
06-11-2006, 6:29 PM
Well with Amazon being Amazon my blade that was scheduled to ship mid July has shipped today.:) That means I'll have it by Tuesday and find out what all of the hype really is.

Craig

Greg Koch
06-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Any input on standard or thin kerf? Tomorrow is Monday, and who knows what Amazon will do with these sale prices...

Dave Falkenstein
06-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Any input on standard or thin kerf? Tomorrow is Monday, and who knows what Amazon will do with these sale prices...

I use a Forrest WW II on my Jet cabinet saw - standard kerf, no stiffener. Works perfectly. I think a standard kerf blade is fine for all but the lowest power saws. I used standard kerf blades for a long time in a Craftsman "1-1/2" HP saw and had no problem with the motor bogging down.

scott spencer
06-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Any input on standard or thin kerf? Tomorrow is Monday, and who knows what Amazon will do with these sale prices... I suppose it depends on your saw and your preference. I've found that the upper end TK's like the Forrest cut extremely well and put less strain on the motor...especially when ripping. I've never once had a deflection issue. If I had a 3hp cab saw, I'd probably go with the full kerf, but I definitely noticed increased drag with full kerf on my both my GI 50-185 and 22124.

Terry Flowers
06-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Jim, please tell me the significance of the #6 grind, compared to the one referenced here.
Thanks,
Terry

Jim Benante
06-12-2006, 1:13 AM
Greg,

When I first bought my WWII I didn't know about kerfs all that much and opted for the thin kerf. I can say that with my Griz 1023S (3 hp) I have loved the performance. No stiffner used. I have mostly cut maple (both rock and western) 4/4 and 8/4.

I read in a post that most would go regular kerf (1/8"). All I can say is I am happy with my blades performance. It rips glue line quality cuts. The spare I bought is a thin kerf also ( I didn't want to mess with my measuring strip on the saw so I opted to stay with thin kerf.

Jim

Kyle Stiefel
07-05-2006, 1:36 PM
My Woodworker II thin kerf is finally shipping from the order on June 10. This will be nice now I won't have down time when I send my other Woodworker II out for sharpening (it is going on 2 years with moderate hobby use shop time).