PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day "Orders"

Barry Stratton
06-09-2006, 2:44 AM
Been rough turning bowls and filling scrollsaw "art" orders so haven't bored you with pics lately.

I did get asked to make some Fathers Day presents for pay so here they are - 3 woodworkers pencils. from left to right the wood is Hickory (from Bernie W.), Walnut, and Teak (from Bernie W.) Finished with lacquer and waxed. Not the most well thought out kit, but functional and a great working shop pencil.

Vaughn McMillan
06-09-2006, 3:06 AM
Very nice, Barry. I've thought of getting one or two of those kits. Are the pencils a bit short, or is that just a honkin' big cartridge they're propped up against?

- Vaughn

Barry Stratton
06-09-2006, 3:28 AM
Very nice, Barry. I've thought of getting one or two of those kits. Are the pencils a bit short, or is that just a honkin' big cartridge they're propped up against?

- Vaughn

Well, they are not overly "long" (about 4 3/4" without lead extended), but they are propped up against a "dummy" 50 cal BMG training round from my dad's Air Force days! So yes, it is a honkin' big cartridge!!

Read the directions for the kit on Craft Supply USA before you buy. You have to CA glue the sharpener in place, and there is no "cap" on top, just a small round opening between the wood and the tube - so there is some "play". I still like them though.

Thanks!

Keith Burns
06-09-2006, 4:38 PM
VFery nice Barry :) :) Never boring !

Bernie Weishapl
06-09-2006, 7:39 PM
Outstanding Barry. Wonderful job on them. Must say I am partial to the walnut mainly because it came from my dad. You did them proud.

Ernie Nyvall
06-09-2006, 9:37 PM
Nice work Barry. I like the kits.

Ernie

Corey Hallagan
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Nice job Barry, they look great and will make nice gifts!

Corey

Henry C. Gernhardt, III
06-10-2006, 3:23 AM
Barry, those are some really nice pieces. Your client will be quite happy, I'm sure!