PDA

View Full Version : .DXF to .CDR conversion redux

Mitchell Andrus
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
In an earlier post I asked for help in making a .dxf to .cdr conversion on about 30 files I need to process. I had to go and buy a copy of Turbo Cad 11 ($99.00) to open, then "file > save as..." each in .DWG format. The files now open in Corel X3 just well enough to use.

Thanks to those who offered suggestions. It turns out that this conversion has most Corel users stumped as no one on three forums had a solution.

Mitch

Chuck Howerton
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to design a piece that requires filets from a straight line to a circle. Picture a neighborhood "court" where a straight street ends at a circle. I have tried Corel Draw and got no where, so I tried TurboCAD 11 and was able to draw the piece accurately, but when it came to transferring it, I had problems. Turbo CAD presumable saved it accurately as a DXF file but when Corel imported it, all of the filets looked like pretzels and the circles were changed as well. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck Howerton

Shaddy Dedmore
06-12-2006, 11:25 PM
What version of Corel? I've had good luck with creating a circle, then converting to curves, then breaking it opn and deleting 3/4 of it. Then turning on the dynamic guides and placing it carfully where I want it.

It actually goes pretty fast once you've done it a few times. You get good accuracy using the snap function (provided you're zoomed in far enough to see exactly what you're snapping to).

If you sketch it up and post it, i can be of more specific help.

AS for converting from DXF, I'm afraid i can't help. Maybe choose another exproting type, and see if corel imports it better?

Shaddy