PDA

View Full Version : Saw collector's wife keeps cutting remarks to herself

rick fulton
06-08-2006, 8:49 AM
Interesting article in the Denver Post about workshop widow.
http://www.denverpost.com/room/ci_3910272
rick

Steve Clardy
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Lol. Good article!

Tyler Howell
06-08-2006, 1:03 PM
She just doesn't under stand!!:D

Chris Padilla
06-08-2006, 1:12 PM
Funny!! :)

Jim Becker
06-08-2006, 9:44 PM
She just doesn't under stand!!

Naa...she does. The last paragraph is a very nice clue!

BTW, I let her know we are discussing the column...

Vaughn McMillan
06-09-2006, 4:59 AM
Naa...she does. The last paragraph is a very nice clue!...

Yeah, indeed she gets it. I like her way of telling the story.

- Vaughn

Ian Abraham
06-09-2006, 7:09 AM
4 saws is a collection?
Oh oh....
So when he gets a couple of chainsaws, a bandsaw and scrollsaw what will that be?

As as for a portable sawmill :rolleyes:

Ian

Dennis McDonaugh
06-09-2006, 9:48 AM
4 saws is a collection?
Oh oh....
So when he gets a couple of chainsaws, a bandsaw and scrollsaw what will that be?

As as for a portable sawmill :rolleyes:

Ian

Ian, that's what I was thinking. Four saws isn't even a good start for a weekend dooityerselfer, but power saws are for wimps anyway.

Handsaws, now there's an addiction, I have about 30 hanging on the wall (and another 25 or so in a box) and the last time LOML was in the garage, errrr shop, she asked me what I could possibly need that many saws for. I mumbled something unintelligable and tried to change the subject, but my "Hey look at that!" ploy didn't work and she wandered over to the saws and picked two up and asked "What can this one do that this one can't?" That's when I knew when I had her. I started explaining tooth count, rake angle, fleam, softwood vs hardwood, rip vs xcut, joinery vs carpentry and pretty soon her eyes glazed over and she put the saws back and shuffled off to the house in a daze. I heard her mumble something about going to the shoe store and went back to work smug in my satisfaction that she wouldn't be questioning my saw collection for quite a while.