PDA

View Full Version : Modern Marvels= Power Tools on History Channel

Mark Hulette
09-10-2003, 9:03 PM
Neat show on power tools showing in eastern time zone on power tools. Check it out on the History Channel right now.

Jim Baker
09-10-2003, 9:20 PM
Neat show on power tools showing in eastern time zone on power tools. Check it out on the History Channel right now.

History Channel??? Doesn't come in on my old time antenna. One of these days, I'm going to have to get modern and spring for a dish. So far I've held out. It bugs me that they want to give me about 90 channels that I don't want along with the 10 or so that I do want, but charge me extra for something as basic as Fox Sports Midwest.

I hope you enjoy your tool show. It sounds interesting.

Jim Becker
09-10-2003, 9:52 PM
Thanks for the tip...so now I have the program running in the upper right corner of my screen while I monitor a "chat" at WOOD ONLINE on the Idea Shop #5 as well as review the postings here at SMC in another window. "All tools, all the time..." Life is good...sheesh!! :rolleyes:

Scott Coffelt
09-10-2003, 11:20 PM
I saw one tonight for a few minutes with an absolutely beautiful bench. That show is just awesome.

Keith Starosta
09-11-2003, 7:34 AM
I didn't have access to my laptop around 8:05PM last night, or I was going to post pretty much the same thing! Before the power tool episode of Modern Marvels, they aired the hand tool version at 8:00PM. A very educational show indeed, especially the segment on hand planes. Not knowing much about the entire history behind the relationship, I came away from the show thinking that Leonard Bailey was one hard-headed SOB that stood his ground with the "big boys", the Stanley Corporation.

I LOVE shows like that!!

Keith

Mark Hulette
09-11-2003, 8:32 AM
I didn't realize the electric router had been around since 1919! (I think that's what I heard) Pretty amazing. For some reason I thought the motorized router was a more recent invention.

Keith, I caught the tail end of the hand tools show. Hope it's on again soon.

Neat facts about the background of power tools. Check your local listings- I highly recommend it.