PDA

View Full Version : Jointer blades?

Laurie Brown
06-07-2006, 9:13 PM
I have a Delta Shopmaster JT160 6" jointer that I bought brade new in the box. I used it on about 3 board feet of hard maple and the blades are already scored and need replacing. Where do I get blades for this thing?? I've been searching all over, and even Delta's parts site doesn't list the blades! Are there some better blades I can buy that won't score after I use them twice?

Tim Clark
06-07-2006, 9:35 PM
Before you replace em try offsetting two of the blades in opposite directions. That'll move the nicks behind a good part of the knife in front of it.

If you want replacements try Grizzley. Measure a knife so you'll know what length width and thickness to get. Get the HSS knives, they'll probably last better than the laminated ones yours may have come with.

Jim Becker
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Laurie, be sure you are looking for "knives", not "blades" in the parts listings or with third parties... ;)

Russ Massery
06-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I had a Delta 37-190 which I believe is the same unit just an older version. Anyway here's were I get my knives from. There made out of T-1 which will outlast the M-2 that your knives are made out of.http://globaltooling.bizhosting.com/planer_knives.html

glenn bradley
06-08-2006, 12:03 AM
I found a couple sets of Delta HSS knives at Home Depot. They were only about 9 bucks a set and of course have the slots for the adjustment cams. They are Delta Catalog No. 37-072 and HD can order them for you if you can't find them elsewhere.

Wait a minute. Being from California am I just assuming there is a HD on every corner where you live? Sorry about that. At any rate, with the catalog number they should be traceable.

Wait a minute; here they are:

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=139&p=1735

Nick Clayton
06-08-2006, 1:11 PM
I 2nd russ's advice on globeltool. I picked up 2 extra setts for my 190 and think they work pretty well.

Laurie Brown
06-10-2006, 12:08 PM
The knives I have are non-reversible and not adjustable in that way. They're both scored for about 2 or 3 inches on one end. Seeing how short a time they lasted, I'd like to replace them with something better.

Laurie Brown
06-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I think someone got confused. I'm looking for blades for my JOINTER, NOT a planer. This is a Delta Shopmaster JT160 6" benchtop jointer that I need new blades for.

Thanks for that link, though. I will check them out next time I need knives for my planer. Right now I need blades (they are called blades, right?) for my jointer.

tod evans
06-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Right now I need blades (they are called blades, right?) for my jointer.

knifes.....02 tod