PDA

View Full Version : I give up just can't take anymore

Tom Sherman
06-07-2006, 5:02 PM
I just can't take it anymore everyone is having all the fun turning all these great projects and here I set bumb knee on doctors orders not to be on my feet. Well I am about to say &*^% with it and get out in the garage and turn something even if it is nothing more than a lowley compact cover.:mad:

Keith Burns
06-07-2006, 5:12 PM
Man, I'd rig up a chair or something. Just don't do something that will make the knee worse.

Michael Stafford
06-07-2006, 5:35 PM
Tom, sorry to hear you are temporarily incapacitated. My friend Dick Parr also has some knee problems and he has figured out a way to do some sit down turning. Of course he has the Nova DVR which allows the headstock to swivel. This makes it easier. I hope everything works out soon for you.

Bernie Weishapl
06-07-2006, 5:36 PM
I used a stool Tom and just kept my foot on the rung. If I stand more than 4 hours my knee starts swelling. So I got the stool. Works.

Dick Parr
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Tom I also use a stool allot as I can't stand for long periods either. After awhile it gets easy to turn sitting on one.:rolleyes:

Ernie Nyvall
06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Get the stool Tom and follow the doctor's orders.

Ernie

Barry Stratton
06-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Yep, buy a stool. Unless the lathe stand will straddle the Lazy Boy recliner......... It won't be long and I'm looking forward to pictures of your work.

Doug Thompson
06-08-2006, 2:55 AM
Tom, give it a try. Have some help to get setup, move the grinder close and take it easy.

Tom Sherman
06-08-2006, 1:07 PM
I appreciate all the input folks, I think I just might try the stool idea sounds like a temporary solution. I really am about to loose my mind, I can't stand just sitting around here getting tired of the boob tube and only so much a man can stand when comes in here seeing the great work being posted. thank again